City and Colour (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
you-me-break-the-cycle-600x337.jpg

The straight youtube vid just dropped! Even though I'm more of a Dallas fan and this has Pink in the lead vocally I still love it. The song is about Pinks Mom so it's fitting that she shifts this one towards her. I absolutely love how Dallas lower register comes in just underneath Pinks vocal on the verses. He's like a beautiful shadow underneath each line. It's a different angle on the harmonies that from what I can tell on both tracks are perfectly interwoven. Dallas has a smoother silky crystal pure vocal and Pinks vocals are raspy and grittier. It's actually odd as you'd expect the roles to be reversed with the male having the rougher, coarser part. Really, for something as pure as folk and in an age where nothing sounds fresh this really stands out as being different. You take an artist who normally has others write for them and a writer who normally doesn't like any other influences on his writing and you put them together they both really create a miracle by working together so easily. The extrovert and the introvert. Mutual respect and admiration. The harmonies don't only exist in the music. The production isn't shy but the core of the music is simple, pure and understated. Everyone always fears a clash between pop and "real" music but this proves that the results can send shivers down your spine and create a real unmatched experience! I'm so glad the fates brought these two enigmatic forces together! <3

Break The Cycle

ecisgod

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing them live at the end of October!

ecisgod

Reaction score
Dude whhhhhhhaaaaaaa! :omg: I didn't know you were a fan! Lucky! :tongue:

Ya love their sound. Love supporting Canadian Artists. Dallas is from St Catharines, Ontario. I work in St Catharines and I'm going to see them live at the new arena in St. Catharines for first show at the arena.

I'm a huge fan of the Tragically Hip. My first experience with City and Colour was "Sleeping Sickness" with Gord Downie and quickly downloaded all of his material and I have been a big fan ever since...

I'll post a brief synopsis of the show with setlist (If I can rememeber) sometime after the show...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online