Chuck Berry (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
Did you see him? How lucky it would be if you really see the real him that day.
No I didn't go as I may well have been working that evening and East London is about 5 miles from my place but it was definitely advertised as CHUCK BERRY and not Chuck Berry junior or An evening of Chuck Berry's music but I kept thinking 'What's CHUCK BERRY doing playing some obscure back street pub in East London?' and 'is it really CHUCK BERRY??. Yeah definitely strange one?.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
England, 1972..(wasn't Chuck the first artist to be fired up into space for them cling ons to hear!)
Yeah your right Nai (without looking it up om Wiki) is it Johnny B. Goode that is continuously playing up there in outa space 24/7/365?. It definitely wouldn't be My Ding A Ling the little green men wouldn't know what that was all about??. :confused:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
That song was the pits!.. and I think his version was a cover of the song. What happily has now arisen is how much Johnny Johnson playing and participation helped those songs along.
Sure I have a 78rpm of House of Blue Lights somewhere ( not chuck though)

E-Z

Reaction score
That last album Chuck released just before he died some or most of that was recorded with another guy playing in Chuck's style on the songs and I saw it being sold for £1.99p a month or two ago in either HMV or Fopp Records in London.

Rob1

<*(((>< I caught this big Old Catfish.....
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been posted far to many times that I can enumerate.

Rock God

Recky

Reaction score
Never saw Chuck in Australia , thank f**k for you tube and the BBC gig therein and of course the recent doco from 2018/19 was brilliant

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online