Christian Rock

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
before you all go...booooo....you guys should realize that not all christian rock is trying to convert you to christianity. In fact I stumbled upon this band by accident. I was looking for newer country rock bands and seen the name Skillet. The name sounded country rock, so I listened to them. I was amazed!

Skilletcomatose.jpg

This is a release from 2006, my fave!

This bands sound is very similar to Three Days Grace and 12 Stones if any of you know those bands.

billtjr51

Reaction score
No boo here. I always liked the Christian band "Jars of Clay". I saw them in concert in Charlotte several years ago and they were outstanding! Petra is another good Christian rock band.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Bill. I will have to check those bands out, too. I never really thought about christian rock, until about a year ago. After I check them out, I will report back and let you know what I think of them.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Some of it good stuff, but the terminology used to name the band is SILLY to say the least!:)

Last edited:

APageMark

Reaction score
If you appreciate music with a strong prog base, check out Neal Morse's post-Spocks Beard solo work. Yes, very heavy on message, but very enjoyable.

If I had to recommend a starter, I'd choose "Testimony."

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Skillet is a great band. I like them. Also, isn't POD a christan band?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Skillet is a great band. I like them. Also, isn't POD a christan band?

I don't think so, Shaggy. Although I am not real familiar with the works of Payable on Death (POD), I think the lead vocalist may be into religion, but I dont think the bands music is classified as christian rock. I guess this is a clue for me to check them out more, :cheers:

Edit: Bill, I like Jar of Clay, and REALLY like Petra! I will get a couple of their albums! Thanks for the recommendation.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online