Charlie Watts Blasts Beatles and Elvis

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I don't have any Elvis albums myself, a couple of Frank Sinatra's, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, and even a Tom Jones hits CD I inherited from my Mom years ago, but no Elvis.

I respect what he represented and I do like some of his songs, but never felt the urge to buy any of his music and still don't....:hm:

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Liked both the Stones and the Beatles, but I like the stones a bit more.

So he doesn't like a band and doesn't like Elvis. I really do not see the big deal.

He likes Ringo as well but not his music.

Kurt Cobain liked Eddie Vedder, but did not like Pearl Jam's music according to an interview.

mystic fred

Reaction score
The Rolling Stones and the Beatles were mates and sometimes played on each others records, as for Charlie's comment about the Stones being an "annoying pastime" i'm sure his tongue was well in his cheek here, a dry sense of humour maybe lost on some, though Charlie is still with the band after all these years and with plenty of money in the bank...:tongue:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
...and I'm sure Charlie didn't mind having the Beatles jump start their career at first with I Wanna Be Your Man :flirt

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It is amusing to me that they are considered competitors, when both bands were friends and if there was a rivalry it was in fun. They were both playing different music and were complimentary not exclusive to each enjoying immense success. I remember when Mick got busted for drug possession, the Beatles were there to lend their support for him no matter what the public relations aspect was.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
It is amusing to me that they are considered competitors, when both bands were friends and if there was a rivalry it was in fun. They were both playing different music and were complimentary not exclusive to each enjoying immense success. I remember when Mick got busted for drug possession, the Beatles were there to lend their support for him no matter what the public relations aspect was.

Yeah I know.

In a recent interview a reporter asked Mick Jagger if he considered The Beatles their rivals, and he said something along the lines of "well not really, they just showed us the way"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.