7.Breathless
8.I Can See Your House From Here

No mention of Nude...?

I am shocked.

No, mortified

Baron

Reaction score
Re: Camel

I just recently discovered this incredible band and one of the finest guitarists I've ever heard. Reading these posts, it seems everyone likes their 70's stuff the most, and because I don't own any of their albums yet, I can't comment on how they compare to their later work.

However, after listening to their music on YouTube, Stationary Traveler has become my favorite and I find myself mesmerized by the guitar solo in this piece.

Does anyone know if this live version below is available on one of their albums?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Camel

Sorry I looked and don't see that version from the Hammersmith Odeon concert on any of their CD's or DVD's.

But perhaps a better Camel expert than myself will know where you can find that version, these days you never know. And although I don't do it myself, some people can download a song from Youtube...the quality is not good enough for me though.;)

E-Z

Reaction score
The only thing that i ever really heard from this lot was THE SNOW GOOSE album back in the mid-1970s which sounded really good to me but apart from that album i never really bothered with anything else from them.

BARRY L

Reaction score
Camel are one of the truely great prog rock bands for sheer musical content, including dream guitar and keyboard interplay, lots of excellent melodies and well constucted albums. It all sort of came to an end due to Andy's poor health. But there may be rumours of a new album according to Wikipedia [but probably no tour]. I still really like the early albums but I think the best batch are from '79-'84 including 'I can see you house from here', 'Nude', 'The Single Factor' and Stationary Traveller' although 'Dust and Dreams' is the best of the recent batch.
Barry L

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Camel were a great live band in the mid-seventies, around the time of Snow Goose, and Moonmadness is a fantastic album. Raindances was the last album that I really liked, although Rajaz has its moments. There are fans who think I Can See Your house and Nude are underrated, but they don't do much for me. I would be interested to hear opinions of Stationary Traveler.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I prefer their earlier albums...Snow Goose at number one and Moonmadness is right there.

But I do play "I Can See Your House From Here" once in a while too.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Fans seem to fall into one of two groups, those that like the early albums and those that like the later work. It's the early albums for me.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online