BYRDS (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Many Byrds contemporaries absolutely adored the first five records up to the glorious insights of the "Notorious" package,but abandoned keeping up with the bands' releases when they evolved into early renditions of country-rock.Anyone here a particular fan of this change of direction for the Hall of Fame combo?

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
And a lot of people see Sweatheart of the Rodeo as one of the very first of the Country Rock era.
Along with the Band's first album.
A lot of bands followed suit. The Dead went country shortly after.
Dylan did Nashville Skyline.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Many Byrds contemporaries absolutely adored the first five records up to the glorious insights of the "Notorious" package,but abandoned keeping up with the bands' releases when they evolved into early renditions of country-rock.Anyone here a particular fan of this change of direction for the Hall of Fame combo?

I have all the albums on CD including the 1973 Reunion Album as well as their performance at Fillmore 1969 which they did just after their release of Dr. Byrds & Mr. Hyde. I also have an extended edition of what was initially the Preflyte album which was released and some Byrd Parts Vol 1 & 2 which uncovered some interesting material.

I haven't got The Byrds at the Royal Albert Hall or the Byrds Box Set (The Byrds Collection) or "Never Before" or "The Byrds Play Dylan" despite wondering what sounds could The Byrds get from a Dylan. :huh:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Big fan....have them all plus the box set. Favorites are probably 5th Dimension, Younger Than Yesterday and Notorious Byrd Bros. ...but all of them have tracks worth hearing even the later ones that often get trashed. A band that was influenced by Dylan in the beginning but then infliuenced others as they got going.
A favorite one from 'Younger '....perhaps more Crosby than Byrds and showed where he was headed with CSN.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online