Budgie (Official Thread)

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Re: Budgie back on the road with a new album soon?

I never understood why Budgie weren't as big as Deep Purple or Sabbath or any of that crowd, nobody worked harder, and yet they never really rose above clubs/small theatres and their albums only sold quite modestly, even 'Bandolier', which for me is their crowning achievement. Hope they get some good press and big audiences, and I will for certain check out the album.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Heres hoping Burke is making a full recovery.....we have been worried about him. Get well soon . Id love to see BUDGIE up there performing again, me Sweaty and characters saw them a few years back....they always put on a top show.
I agree with the Sound "Bandolier" my personal favourite BUDGIE album too. Im fortunate to have seen Tony Bourge perform, not with Budgie but TREDEGAR in the early 80s. Great guitarist !
"

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I never understood why Budgie weren't as big as Deep Purple or Sabbath or any of that crowd, nobody worked harder, and yet they never really rose above clubs/small theatres and their albums only sold quite modestly, even 'Bandolier'
I dunno. I know that my friends and I growing up didn't care for the singing at all. Some of the music was definitely early metal and some was pretty cool. I couldn't/wouldn't ever put them anywhere near as good or as cool as Sabbath or Purple, but it was good. But that singing, to me, was always their biggest downfall amongst the group I hung out with.

Even now, many many years later, I still can't hardly listen to most of their stuff. It's not the music. I actually have a big appreciation for the music itself, but the vocals just don't work with the music (for me).

:confused:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I've heard that before too Lynch, one of those bands that you either enjoy the vocals or can't stand the lead singer.

I happen to like Budgie myself, but I would rate them a notch below Purple and Sabbath. Don't think they will tour over in my part of the world though.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well I received my signed copy of this on CD today and I am overjoyed, proper signed non of that photocopied stuff.

Budgie "If Swallowed, Do Not Induce Vomitting" (this is a picture of the vinyl but I have the CD and am too lazy to scan it lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Does the CD cover differ from the vinyl anyway?

They may tour again Bruce. I read somewhere that Burke Shelley has reformed the band, but I am not sure who is playing guitar.

= = = =

I just checked the official site and a new album is anticipated too:

http://www.budgie.uk.com/news.html

I see If Swallowed has two bonus tracks.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Nicde to see a thread bump!!! Now I'm in the mood for some Bandolier!!

Maybe this weekend :cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online