Bucky's Attic

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Bucky!

But why is all that great stuff in your attic as opposed to on your turntable? You should be giving the Wild Dogs a couple of spins a month anyway!

:wtf:

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score
When we first got married The wife wasn't too keen on seeing about 3000 records in peach crates in the dining room & my turntable broke. At the time I had about 50 cd's so they fit on one of those small spindle racks which we placed on top of the stereo. A couple of years later we heard a loud crash & all of the records in the peach crates fell over.This was when I first injured my back in '96 so I was unable to lift or bend so the wife picked them up not putting them in any order.I've had a turntable since about 2000 but by then my CD collection was built up so I've only had a couple hundred choice records within reach.I went up there last week & grabbed a handful & that's where I'm at today! The funny thing is I now have about 3000 CD's on racks around the Stereo in the Dining Room & the wife don't mind that

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Hey Bucky.. How's things with your back??
Also.. is there a chance you have a spare closet that you can convert into a few shelves to put all your LP's on?/ That's what I have done.. I have a closet that's 5x8 and I fixed it up to hold all of my LP's and cassettes with a couple of CD racks mounted on the walls..
It makes the wife happy since you can close the doors and not see anything..
But hold onto those vinyls.. They are becoming harder to come by.. And I know with your bad back it makes it hard to lift them around.. But you can always get someone to move them for you..:cheers:

rtbuck

Reaction score
That's a great idea. We have one spare room(our junk room) which we eventually plan on fixing up for my stuff & shelves would be a great.Our home is set up weird with only believe it or not 1 closet!! It's an old home that I kind of inherited along w/ the mortgage about 19 years ago but we call it the Money Pit!! I swear with all the money we keep dumping into it...!

As far as my back I have a surgery set for 2/22 for the permanent Spinal Stimulator implant & I can't wait. Normally it's a quick just slice you open & implant it where you're not put too sleep but of course with me they have to do a more evasive approach where they have to put me under & saw off a little bit of bone & by doing this there is less of a chance of it moving out of place plus the battery for this type will last 9 years rather than 4

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Bucky I am going to have lie down for a bit, just reading about that stuff makes me squeamish...I absolutely have a phobia about doctors and nurses and all that stuff.:eek:

However I sure hope it works for you.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
That's a great idea. We have one spare room(our junk room) which we eventually plan on fixing up for my stuff & shelves would be a great.Our home is set up weird with only believe it or not 1 closet!! It's an old home that I kind of inherited along w/ the mortgage about 19 years ago but we call it the Money Pit!! I swear with all the money we keep dumping into it...!

As far as my back I have a surgery set for 2/22 for the permanent Spinal Stimulator implant & I can't wait. Normally it's a quick just slice you open & implant it where you're not put too sleep but of course with me they have to do a more evasive approach where they have to put me under & saw off a little bit of bone & by doing this there is less of a chance of it moving out of place plus the battery for this type will last 9 years rather than 4

Well Bucky best luck on your recovery.. If you want me to shoot you some idea's on how to set it up.. Give me a shout.. Home Depot has everything to make it inexpensive and appealing to look at..
You can put it all together for around $100.. :cheers:

Reaction score
Ah... good luck Bucky... I hate doctors and hospitals and things...

I'd go against Thumper's advice... a firm slap goes further than a pinch;):heheh:

rtbuck

Reaction score
I'll give those nurses one of each a pinch & a slap on the behind along with the kissy noises. How could they resist me?????
15166_1302411482110_1285142849_917038_127574_n.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.