Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball (2012)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with JG's infatuation with her idol...we all have artists we are attached to.;) I just don't always have time to keep up with everything in the pen.

I have seen his new album on my Online Vinyl store, and if I get a copy I will order it from them for sure, rather than the CD.

So share your thoughts, is Wrecking Ball vintage Bruce like Born to Run...or more like his recent albums?

:heheh: Thanks LG.

The best way I like to describe it is that it's like nothing you have ever heard Bruce do before while at the same time it's like everything Bruce has ever done before all combined together. It's a fantastic album that I think is comparable to The Rising, The River and maybe even Darkness to some extent. For me, nothing will ever touch Born To Run.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Okay thanks JG...I will most likely get it in April, I'm not ordering anything else until I am relocated.(And I agree BTR is his finest hour.:))

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
^^Okay thanks JG...I will most likely get it in April, I'm not ordering anything else until I am relocated.(And I agree BTR is his finest hour.:))

You're welcome. And when I say it is comparable to those albums, I mean that it has some of the same elements that those do, but mainly I mean my preference of his albums. I consider those some of his best. It's very different and like TS said maybe a little too different to classify it as a vintage sound.

I hope you enjoy it even half as much as I do, because if you do then you'll love it. :)

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
Thanks for the youtube links. I haven't played all of the songs. I happened to select "We are Alive" first and liked the folk touch to it.

I haven't read the review but I sure will come back to this thread again to read the review and rest of the posts.

Thanks for making me aware of the fact that Bruce has got a new release. I really don't read any magazines. The only way I gather information is via forum , web and radio. So, thanks for the useful post.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I still need to pick a copy up, am a little annoyed that they have released a special version with 2 more tracks on it for extra money, do they know me, I will still have to buy the special :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
You gotta love the special versions that are like 3-4 bucks higher...and it's only two songs.

:oyea:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online