Bob Seger & Jim Steinman to the songwriters hall of fame

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Jim also wrote the lyrics for the musical Whistle Down the Wind with the music being written by Andrew Lloyd Webber, which in the mid 90's was the absolutely biggest collaboration you could have for that large, theatrical style of music.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thanks Fever and Cosmic for filling in the gaps in my Steinman file.:grinthumb

You know I do remember his solo album Fever after reading your post. But I never bought a copy.

Fever

Reaction score
Thanks Fever and Cosmic for filling in the gaps in my Steinman file.:grinthumb

You know I do remember his solo album Fever after reading your post. But I never bought a copy.

My younger brother bought the album when it first came out.I wonder if he still has it.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I've listened to album and as much of a fan of Jim as I am, even I have have never bought it. :heheh:

opera races

Reaction score
Bad For Good ... I actually bought that brand new!

Rock and Roll Dreams Come through is actually on a 7" EP that was attached to the album and at the time I thought was the best song of the lot. I got rid of the album, kept the EP ... :heheh:

Some years later ... I'd say within the past 10 or 15 years or so I found another copy of the main album in nice condition at a thrift shop ... not sure if the EP was with it but as it stands now I have one copy of the album and two copies of the EP so again I have the full album package. I keep the EP's with my 45's though just makes things easier somehow. Hmmm ... maybe I should give the album another spin right now ... but still keeping it no matter what my OR 2012 opinion on it is ...

BTW I suppose the CD version has everything on it?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I imagine it would Opera Races...there is plenty of room on the CD to hold both the LP and the EP. But I will defer to those experts who have a copy in their vault.

opera races

Reaction score
OMGoodness! Steinman recycles more than I realized! I'm was listening to the Bad For Good title track and there's a passage just like a song on the Streets of Fire soundtrack - Nowhere Fast - right down to some of the lyrics! It's not exactly the same with different titles - but ...

Ok now this is really crazy ... a track called Stark Raving Love just started and the music is exactly like Holding Out For A Hero!!!

Well I guess he can't sue himself for plagiarism?

Edited to add: Surf's Up - Total Eclipse of the Heart - I hear similar stuff in there ...

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online

No members online now.