Bob Marley: Yay or Nay?

Yay or Nay?

• Very yay! Bob was a brilliant man.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Yay. I think there are a few people who do that, but Bob's music is still very good.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Eh....50/50

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Nay. He's only got a handful of good songs and mostly his legacy is from the weed.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Very nay! Everyone who likes Bob only does so because of his ultra stoner status

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Zombeels

Reaction score
I like Bob Marley but I find I like other Reggae acts better and Bob Marley has been played to death.

Can't stand his I Shot The Sheriff (or Clapton's for that matter)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
I voted 50/50 because he was letting go of the essence of his music a little near the end. Anyway, RIP Bob:(

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
I voted Very yay..I own all his albums and can't pick a favorite. I enjoy his music and it seems like its taken me some years to enjoy it. I was also into higher tempo music in my younger years so I didn't put much stock in reggae.

I do dislike his popular ones but still enjoy them from time to time....

"Don't worry,
about a thing,
cause every little thing,
gonna be alright...."

At heart reggae is uplifting music. Bob Marley played his music and fought for a cause he believed in. I hope I can do the same some day.

And anything overplayed gets old and tired, its just the way of things...

RIP Bob.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Big Yah. Always been a big fan of Marley and his uplifting music. It's the first cd I reach for when I'm going to the beach or am in the caribean. Funny even when I did get high it wasn't the music I preferred to listen to. Raggae to me beach and beach bar dance music. I like some other reggage bands but Bob is the King. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
John Lennon was a big fan of reggae

He dabbled it in here and there....you can hear it in Dear Yoko and many others.

Before Sisters O Sisters Lennon is heard saying "reggae baby"! before the tune in Live In New York City

:heheh:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Cosmic:

Proof positive that smoking weed causes brain damage resulting in memory loss. We already beat this subject half to death, albeit without a poll, just a month ago:

Bob Marley & Weed Thread

Your last poll option though should read "most everyone", not "everyone". Maybe a moderator can fix it. Nonetheless, that's the option I'm taking.

:steering:

Last edited:
F

FoxyPage

I'm 50/50 on it. I like his songs but I honestly can't listen to them more than once in a short span of time. I'm also not really interested in the man himself. Good music, boring person in general and there are quite a few people out there who just like him because of his association with weed as opposed to liking him for his music.

bobbyg29

Professor of Rock n Roll
Reaction score
Huge YAY! Love his music and his influence on rock music is undeniable...The Police, UB40, RHCP, The Stones, ......Even though the place itself is a sham, there it is well justified that his in the RnR Hall of Fame.

Although with all that being said I agree with Zombeels that there is a lot of equally good reggae music out there that gets completely ignored.