Blue Murder (Official Thread)

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Re: Blue Murder

When I first heard in the Valley of the Kings on the radio, I bought the CD the same day. I've always been completely and totally in love with John Sykes' Gibson Les Paul+Mesa Boogie stack... Just thick layers of creamy tone, so heavy and crunchy... And then you had, oh what's that? Who is that producing? Why that is the best producer, ever, Bob Rock. Why yes, this is one of the greatest late 80s/early 90s rock records recorded.

It was such a shame it didn't get the kind of promotion and airplay it deserved. I rock Blue Murder in the gym... It totally gets me going.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I do admire the production and sound engineering of Bob Rock. He worked with my favorite band, you know those Bad boys from Boston (aerosmith). :) He has also worked with Motley Crue and Metallica.

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score

Rock also did work on a VERY little known Swedish funk metal group named Electric Boys (remember All Lips and Hips)? There were some other amazing tracks that he recorded for them including this amazing track "Rags to Riches". Dr. Feelgood and "the black album" owe their awe-inspiring sound to that man, yes!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Yes I do remember All Lips and Hips....gosh I had completely forgot about Electric Boys.

Awesome tune, btw!

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Like some on here I havn't heard them in a long time.. I only have their Debut..
But skin me alive because I needed a tape to record on and I used theirs.. So now I don't have anything by them..:bonk:

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score

Try to see if you can find the 2004 re-mastered release on Amazon. It has those extra tracks which, I think, was better than the original 10 set (excluding All Lips and Hips, of course).

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I have both BM albums. I like the first one way more than the second. There was less Tony Franklin on the second release and I always loved his heavy bass, including in The Firm.

And Carmine is a frickin' amazing drummer (also less of him on the second release).

I think there's always going to be some comparison to John Sykes era Whitesnake, they both had that "big" sound.

Great band and criminally underrated.

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah i bought the first cd back in the 1990s and wot i can remember of it was the picture on the back of Sykes, Appice & Franlin dressed as pirates!.

As for the music i can't honestly remember any of it although it was probably well played and polished 'corporate US rock' sorry guy's?.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
For anyone who can't find the album, Rock Candy Records is doing a re-release of the S/T album. Courtesy of sleazeroxx.com

Story

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online