Blue Coupe - Tornado on the Tracks {ex B.O.C. ex Alice Cooper} (2010)

rtbuck

Reaction score
bluecoupe2.jpg

Blue Coupe ‘Tornado on the Tracks’ (ex B.O.C. ex Alice Cooper)

Released: 2010
Label: Blue Coupe
Review by Bucky

1. You (Like Vampires)
2. Angel's Well
3. Deep End
4. God I Need You Tonight
5. Dolphin's Smile
6. Tornado Warning
7. Man Up
8. Untamed Youth
9. Waiting For My Ship
10. On the Darkest Night

For decades there has been a connection between Blue Oyster Cult & the original Alice Cooper Group. Back in the early 80’s B.O.C. guitarist Donald “Buck Dharma” Rosier released a solo album titled ‘Flat Out’ which featured the Alice Cooper Group rhythm section of drummer Neal Smith & bassist Dennis Dunaway on a track titled “Born to Rock” (Smith also played drums on another track). Joe Bouchard of B.O.C. formed a band with Neal Smith & Dennis Dunaway a few years back & they called themselves B.D.S. releasing a couple of albums. Their live sets included originals mixed in with classic B.O.C. & Alice Cooper tunes.

2010 brings us a new band called Blue Coupe which reunites Joe Bouchard (Guitars & vocals) with his brother (& former B.O.C. drummer) Albert Bouchard along with Dennis Dunaway.(bassist). The band recorded & released their debut album ‘Tornado on the Tracks’ the past year & the result is a decent rock album. The feel of the album is in the stylings of B.O.C.’s mid – late 70’s sound. The opening track “You (Like Vampires)” is the best track off the album & it would’ve fit in nicely on ‘Agents of Fortune’ with it’s steady rock but not too heavy sound. The second track “Angel’s Well”(includes lyrics from the late great poet & rocker Jim Carroll) blends in perfect with the opening track & one of the highlights of the song is that it features the Doors Robbie Krieger supplying slide guitar. I was pleased to find out that contributing backing vocal to the album is the duo of Tish & Snookie who were members of the notorious 70’s CBGB’s band the Sic F*cks. They are the owners of an extreme cosmetic & fashion store in NYC called Manic Panic but I really enjoyed the Sic F*cks ep which came out in ’82 which featured songs like “Insects Rule the World” & “Chop up Your Mother”.

Anyway, back to the album… “Deep End” is dark & heavy with a thumping rhythm & some cool guitar licks which leads to “God I Need You Tonight”. This tune is a bit mellower but it’s a very good piece of music. Other stand out tracks on the album are “Tornado Warning” (A real cool track), “Waiting For my Ship”, & “On the Darkest Night” (which features some cool slide guitar)

Overall, it’s a decent album & the first 3 songs are very good. It’s kind of cool if you’re a B.O.C. fan as you can hear the influence I mentioned earlier but if you’re a fan of the Alice Cooper Group I would recommend the Dennis Dunaway Project ‘Bones From the Yard’ from 2006 over this album as it is really an excellent album.

Bucky

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Blue Coupe ‘Tornado on the Tracks’ (ex B.O.C. ex Alice Cooper)

Nice review, Bucky. I am a BOC fan as well as Cooper so I had to go in search of some songs off this album to listen to. I thank you for introducing me to this album, it is fantastic!

Clean, fresh, and not too heavy. Fits nicely in that nitch of retro-rock with modern lyrical content.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Blue Coupe ‘Tornado on the Tracks’ (ex B.O.C. ex Alice Cooper)

Very nice summary Bucky. I am a huge BOC fan myself so I'll keep my eyes open for this one. Good to see the Bouchard brothers back playing again.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online