Reaction score
Re: Blind Guardian!

I'm really looking forward to hearing the new one, At the Edge of Time
when it is released . Great band. :grinthumb

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score

A friend of mine lended me "Battalions Of Fear" without me being interested to begin with. He was certain I'd be convinced that power metal isn't all that bad. It's the one and only type of metal I cannot stand. There are exceptions but man, it isn't happening for me. It's all in personal preference. I've tried to see decency in it nonetheless. Unlike most listeners I can dislike a sound without bashing it and labeling it as complete garbage - because I know it isn't.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

A friend of mine lended me "Battalions Of Fear" without me being interested to begin with. He was certain I'd be convinced that power metal isn't all that bad. It's the one and only type of metal I cannot stand. There are exceptions but man, it isn't happening for me. It's all in personal preference. I've tried to see decency in it nonetheless. Unlike most listeners I can dislike a sound without bashing it and labeling it as complete garbage - because I know it isn't.

Decent....ok record ....FAR from their best or what I think is an "awesome" Blind Guardian album.

A must have for a BG completists, no doubt, BUT not so much for the a casual listener.

:grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Battallions of Fear is a raw speed metal release and has very little
to do with the polished, melodic, complex , power metal they have become famous for.

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score

Then it's time to give the band another chance. I didn't think it was the best impressionable album to start with in the first place. Suggestions?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You might want to check out "A Night At The Opera" Grunge, it's the first BG album I picked up.

blind_guardian_a_night_at_the_opera_front.jpg

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I second that notion, a power/speed metal novice like me loved it so I'd recommend it thoroughly :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I third that! A Night At The Opera and Imaginations From The Other Side

512TFK2G82L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61l9s%2B8sVkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A Twist In the Myth is GREAT also!!

41t98l31hxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Even first time fans or the casual listener would love the live DVD...even if it's the only thing you get. :grinthumb

51WYZ7NX23L._SS500_.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

My personal pick I posted months ago, "Nightfall...." but I agree with MP, if you want to check out BG their DVD he posted is top drawer material.

Valhalla....Valhalla...Valhalla...:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online