Blind Faith

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Just picked up "Blind Faith",the band's only studio album for the second time.Had it on vinyl before now on cassette,a form I'm most fond of.Anyway,a record so fantastic,Blind Faith is actually in the hall of fame just based on this one's merits alone,just as with another Clapton band,Derek and the Dominoes.Where would you rate this one among the all timers?Top 30 or 50?

Khor1255

Reaction score
Top 30 is tough. Top 50 is tough. Not sure. I know I dig the hell out of that album. One of the truly must have albums (but there are at least 200 of these).

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Not sure. It's a good album, but it's not an album I play all that often and I haven't been able to compare Steve Winwoods work from that album with the stuff he did with Traffic and it's a bit different from the time he was with the Spencer Davis Group. For Clapton & Baker the music was a little bit more interesting during their time with Cream and it's interesting for Clapton how this music seems to be moving away from the Blues Music that he was more interested in being a part of earlier.

But there's some interesting tracks on there, I guess at the time bands were into Longer Tracks, though I have to wonder if the Longer Tracks are too long, it may just be my view of it though, since Cream also made long live versions of some of their studio music which is something I'm not a big fan of.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Top 30 is tough. Top 50 is tough. Not sure. I know I dig the hell out of that album. One of the truly must have albums (but there are at least 200 of these).

Have to agree with Khor on this one. Brilliant playing on the album, but Top 50 - Nah!!

However, Derek and The Dominoes definitely in the Top 30, probably in my personal Top 10. Eric Clapton at his peak. :grinthumb

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Early bootlegs have them playing a few Rolling Stones songs, because there wasn't enough new material to play. The group stayed away from member's former hits.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I'm not sure where it ranks with me but I know I really like it. I have 2 copies of the banned issue on vinyl. Great album. For my money Claptons best outside of Cream.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Hey Vader!
I know the album's cover featuring a half naked girl was probably what you were referring to when you mentioned the banned version.What was the alternate cover?

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Hey Vader!
I know the album's cover featuring a half naked girl was probably what you were referring to when you mentioned the banned version.What was the alternate cover?

Not sure, but the banned version is of a topless 14 ??? 13 ??? year old taken in the bands backyard. She was rumored to very " close" to Clapton at the tme.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online