Black Sabbath: Vol. 4 or Sabotage?

• Total voters

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I would probably vote for Sabotage on the strength of Symptom of the Universe alone, but the whole album is consistently strong and heavy. Ironically, while the band were at a creative peak, they were experiencing management and record company problems, so this was the last great Osbourne-era album. I remember hearing it as an import, before it was released in the UK, which was a sure sign something was wrong.

Volume 4 has Snowblind and Wheels of Confusion, which stand alongside anything by the band, while Laguna Sunrise and Supernaut are okay, but that is it for me. Sabbath were full of coke and the album title shows the lack of inspiration. I do like the front cover, which was designed in about 10 seconds, but it works. You could always spot it in the record shops.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Of the original/first 6 albums, these are the two that I listen to the least. Pretty much a coin toss for me to decide which I like better as it depends on mood.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like em both, but I going with Vol. 4 on Snowblind alone.

E-Z

Reaction score
Personally I have always found that Vol.4 is an 'easier' album to listen to over Sabotage.

Sabotage appears to have a overall 'heavier feel' running through it than Vol.4 does.

As much as I probably listen to Vol.4 more than I do Sabotage Sabotage is possibly the slightly better of the two albums though.

E-Z

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.