Black Sabbath (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ Hope Bill gets sorted and is up, about and well soon.:grinthumb
I love the dynamic that Bill added to the Sabbath sound, his contribution is outstanding, a fantastic rock drummer (even with red tights on).:)

The Writ

:bow:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Bill Ward was a bit underrated in the seventies (at least by me). Now, when I hear him, I think how good he was. I hope he feels better soon and gets back to playing. He's got a reasonable singing voice too.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I almost put Sabotage on today but didn't get around to it.....maybe today!!

Always a great spin :grinthumb

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Can I bring an attention to Born Again album (again)? This time I want to say few words about the bootleg with unmixed demos, The Manor Tapes (I know LG isn't a fan of bootlegs. :heheh:).

090331133401.jpg

I am very keen on getting this one on vinyl, we all know how terrible the production was on that album and it received mixed opinions. Since we all now have an access to almost everything, what people don't actually realise that this album is pretty heavy and it can be heard on that bootleg. It contains tracks before the mix and what I guess this is what Ian referred to as 'what he was hearing at the monitors'. I think demos are actually far better than the original release, but fingers crossed for a remix. Just listen to Hot Line, I mean come on!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Wow that sounds pretty clear and heavy...will have to look into how TRASHED sounds

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Unmixed Demos & The Fallen seem to be in a rather poorer quality, whereas The Manor Tapes sounds cleaner.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online