Black Sabbath (Official Thread)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I've never seen Highway Star - A Journey in Rock (I've never heard of it), but I've seen most of those interviews with Gillan and Iommi. Either that, or they've repeated the joining Sabbath/ manager/ dwarf/ songsheet stories word-for-word in the same funny hairstyles.

Marbles

Reaction score
A lot of these interviews get copied and pasted into numerous documentaries or are used to break up live sets, to stretch the material to a decent length. Certain music film production companies seem to thrive on putting out 'new' products which are just rehashes of material that's been released before, in a different order.

I was reminded of this myself a few weeks ago, when BBC4 did its Wings night, featuring Rockshow and Wings Around The World - there was loads of common footage included in both. Similarly with the ELO night. You get a terrible sense of deja vu.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
41 years ago huh? Yet another album I have to crank again. Vol 4 is a great album.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Bill Ward Undergoes Surgery

Bill-Ward.jpg

Former Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward recently underwent surgery on his colon. He is expected to make a full recovery.

In a post on his website, Ward revealed that he had been suffering from perforated diverticulitis, where pouches form within the intestines to the point where they pierce the intestinal wall.

Ward had to postpone an appearance at a reception on Oct. 26 at the Annapolis Collection Gallery in Annapolis, Md., where his collection of drum-related artwork, ‘Absence of Corners,’ has been on display since Sept. 21.

“I am truly sorry that I have to postpone the ‘Absence of Corners’ gallery reception,” Ward wrote. “The feedback I have received from everyone about this project has been astounding, and I was so looking forward to this event. I want to thank the Annapolis Collection Gallery for everything they are doing. I am honored that they are exhibiting my art, and I hope to get there to celebrate this collection with you all very soon.”

Last summer, Eddie Van Halen also required surgery for diverticulitis, which he believed was caused by a fad diet. His period of recovery forced the postponement of Van Halen‘s tour of Japan.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ Hope Bill gets sorted and is up, about and well soon.:grinthumb
I love the dynamic that Bill added to the Sabbath sound, his contribution is outstanding, a fantastic rock drummer (even with red tights on).:)

The Writ

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online