Black Country Communion

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Black Country was really the album of 2010 for me, it's really quite amazing that Hughes can sing at such a high-level at his age (He'd be about 60 now, surely?). I only have two minor gripes, one of which is the production, it all sounded a tad "muddy" and thin, to my ears anyway; which brings me to my second point. Sherinian was criminally underused, his keyboards were WAY too low down in the mix. A real shame, since the man is an absolute beast on the keys. But hopefully these are both addressed on the second album.

Let's all pray for a fantastic second album...
Glenn Hughes announced today "BCC fans..."2" is now complete! Its longer than "1"... mastering in NYC Weds. Release date: June '011... more info soon... here we go puppies!". Fingers crossed it's as good as the first!

Footage of the recording was released last week, have to say, it sounds pretty good :D

joe

Reaction score
Black Country was really the album of 2010 for me, it's really quite amazing that Hughes can sing at such a high-level at his age (He'd be about 60 now, surely?). I only have two minor gripes, one of which is the production, it all sounded a tad "muddy" and thin, to my ears anyway; which brings me to my second point. Sherinian was criminally underused, his keyboards were WAY too low down in the mix. A real shame, since the man is an absolute beast on the keys. But hopefully these are both addressed on the second album.

I've read such high praise for this band here and on other review sites so I had to listen to the album.

First of all, I listened to it on youtube. Strike one.

I've only listened to it once. Strike two.

I will agree that Hugh's vocals are very good at the age of 60 and Bonamassa's guitar works well with Hugh's vocals. From what I hear this album is mostly about them.

Like Rock Candy said, Sherinian is underused and obviously didn't have much input for this album. Too bad, I think he would of added a progressive dimension that IMO is needed to the typical "meat and potato" and the "roadhouse" sound that becomes somewhat monotonous to my ears.

I think some people think that because Jason Bonham is John Bonham's son that he is a good drummer. I don't.

Bad Co./Trapeze/Deep Purple/Whitesnake recycle. Nothing new. So, take it for what it's worth after one listen. 6/10

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Hughes performed one of the songs off the upcoming album a few days ago at a press conference in Madrid. Have to say, I'm looking forward to the finished version :D

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Not bad......not bad at all. I'll need a few more listens to see if it grows on me. Can't justify the "supergroup" thing though. I've heard comparisons to Chickenfoot which doesn't fly in my opinion either. I also agree with what Joe said. Jason Bonham has his fathers last name and not much else. Quality tunes with a little too much hype. Just my opinion.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Ohhh, this one has potential. Already pre-ordered mine :grinthumb

In a recent interview Jason Bonham has revealed details of a track on the new Black Country Communion album that was formerly started with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones in 2008.

Speaking to the Toronto Sun he revealed "There's a song that started off as an idea that I worked on with (them), so I was happy to finish it off with this band and have it come out, It's called Save Me. You'll notice it in the riff. You'll hear a slight Zepesque riff ... it's got a definite feel to it."

Jason Bonham reveals new track on Black Country Communion album was an unfinished Led Zeppelin track

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
I know I'm becoming something of an annoyance constantly bumping this thread, but I just had to post the new single released today. Great stuff!

Last edited:

Mr. T

Reaction score
Just snatched the leak of 2... in a word... AWESOME!

And Sherinian is properly in the mix this time!

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Impressed with this band so far. Thanks for the tip y'all! :****:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online