Black Country Communion

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
I am hoping to get tickets Saturday, BCC aren't playing Cardiff, that's
annoying, as we have venues-a-plenty for name bands. :mad
I guess it's a management thing though, not the band.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^^not too shabby.

When is Afterglow suppose to be released?

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Afterglow is a great track and it is a tragedy that this band may have to fold because of Joe Bonamassa's solo commitments. When asked recently if they could carry on with a different guitarist, Glenn Hughes answered with an emphatic, "No". Although Bonamassa is a key part of the group, it seems a pity to break up the Bonham, Hughes, Sherinian partnership and you cannot help feeling there must be another blues inspired guitarist out there somewhere. After years of waiting, surely this is the golden opportunity for a Hughes-(Pat) Travers band.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Had a good few listens to their third album Afterglow. Still not sure if it's good. Sometimes I think it sounds like a technical prog like rock album. Not easy to listen to.

Sometimes they get it right as in the song Common Man. Especially when Joe let loose!!

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I like Afterglow a lot. It is quite heavy and Glenn Hughes shouts and screams his socks off. He and Jason Bonham work well together and, although Joe Bonamassa is reported to have telephoned in his guitar parts, they fit perfectly. The heavy funk of This is Your Time reminds me of Glenn's own excellent Soul Mover. My complaints would be that Midnight Sun sounds too much like AC/DC and, as always, there is not enough Derek Sherinian.

The Common Man riff reminds me of something, but, despite playing it over and over, I cannot think what. It'll come to me eventually.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online