Bite The Big Apple...

New York Minute or New York State Of Mind

• Total voters

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Both just amazing songs, though I love the Don Henley New York Minute original more than the Eagles cover version, it especially always reminds me when I hear it of a superb episode of The West Wing where they used it. But I can't vote against one of the most sublime songs ever written by one of my Top 5 artists of all time, so it's Billy Joel for me.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Both just amazing songs, though I love the Don Henley New York Minute original more than the Eagles cover version, it especially always reminds me when I hear it of a superb episode of The West Wing where they used it. But I can't vote against one of the most sublime songs ever written by one of my Top 5 artists of all time, so it's Billy Joel for me.
Joel is MORE than "Just The Way You Are"...and Christie Brinkley [grin]. He's written some great pieces. Eons ago, I would never have owned a CD of his. I now have that big white long box with all his good stuff.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Joel is MORE than "Just The Way You Are"...and Christie Brinkley [grin]. He's written some great pieces. Eons ago, I would never have owned a CD of his. I now have that big white long box with all his good stuff.

Yeah, his music just has something inherently likeable about it, it's sometimes actually annoyingly addictive melodically, and you can go all morning cursing the fact they just played 'Allentown' or 'My Life' or something on the radio.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Both great tracks. I almost went with Billy Joel right off the bat, then I started thinking about NY Minute. the intros on both tracks are kind of similar and this is a good matchup, although I think when it's all over, Billy will wreck the Eagles.

Giving my vote to ... hrmm... no one (yet). :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online