Billy Talent (Official Thread)

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Billy+Talent+051409billytalent.jpg

I borrowed some CDs off my nephew and can't believe how many songs I like from these guys. Singer's voice isn't for everyone but I don't mind it at all. Some good noise!

From Wiki:
Billy Talent (formerly known as Pezz) is a Juno award-winning Canadian band formed in 1993 in Streetsville, Ontario. The band consists of Ben Kowalewicz (lead vocals), Ian D'Sa (lead guitar and vocals), Jon Gallant (bass guitar and backing vocals) and Aaron Solowoniuk (drums and percussion).

The band existed for almost a decade before mainstream success. The members met and played in high school under the name Pezz and remained underground in Toronto's indie music scene until 2001. The band renamed itself Billy Talent after running into legal trouble with the old name. It was then that Kowalewicz's connection with an employee of Warner Music Canada's A&R department landed the band a record deal and launched them into mainstream success.[1] Since then, Billy Talent has made two multi-platinum records in Canada,[2] and continues to expand their success overseas, this included touring for 20 months supporting their third album. They released their fourth album Billy Talent III on July 14, 2009.

My fav song and video

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Billy Talent

Hey Whaler, I remember listening "Try Honesty" way back and liking that song and then when you posted "Rusted in the Rain" I liked that as well. The voice doesn't bother me as it's kind of a heavier Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace) to me and I like his voice. Overall, a solid band! :cheers2

LivingDead

Fiend For Life
Reaction score

Great thread, Whalerfan! I'm actually kind of digging them right now, I'm glad you introduced them to me. I'm a really big fan of the song Red Flag and Rusted From the Rain is pretty good too. They'll be added to my music library soon enough.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score

A new band for you to enjoy..glad I could help. I am a pretty critical listener, and it is weird that I immediately like song after song from a group, but I am sure not complaining.

Atrim3ntus

Reaction score

I love them! They're in my top 10, no doubt about it! :cheers2

I knew I had found greatness the moment I shed tears when I heard the first 40 seconds of Nothing To Lose. (It speaks of my past that's why). Good stuff :). Not many bands can do that to a person, that's for sure.

Other great songs are Tears Into Wine, River Below, Lies, White Sparrow, Sudden Movements, In The Fall. I like every song so I'm gonna stop there, I just might end up listing ALL their songs :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online