Biggest Female Rock Star of All Time?

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
I think Tina Turner takes the title. She's known as "The Queen of Rock 'n' Roll" for a reason.

Who would you say deserves the title?

Last edited:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well....if we're talking rock star then they have to rock so I say there is no woman who is more rock and roll than Joan Jett. Though she's not exactly been "big" since the mid 80's.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Janis Joplin

From About.com

"Joplin was the first bona fide female rock star, breaking the "girl singer" mold that existed in pop and folk music. She was smart and funny. Her lifestyle, her outfits and her vocal style were "over the top." She fused blues and rock in ways that were unique among both male and female singers. Although she recorded only a few albums and was not a prolific songwriter, Joplin's musical and personal style opened the door to a generation of female rock singers."

Abraxas

Reaction score
Janis Joplin

From About.com

"Joplin was the first bona fide female rock star, breaking the "girl singer" mold that existed in pop and folk music. She was smart and funny. Her lifestyle, her outfits and her vocal style were "over the top." She fused blues and rock in ways that were unique among both male and female singers. Although she recorded only a few albums and was not a prolific songwriter, Joplin's musical and personal style opened the door to a generation of female rock singers."

I agree with you, annie. Janice Joplin, no doubt.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Well....if we're talking rock star then they have to rock so I say there is no woman who is more rock and roll than Joan Jett. Though she's not exactly been "big" since the mid 80's.

Total agreement:cheers2 Joan has the look,style, & music that screams out "ROCK STAR" or "Rock & Roll"!

I've always considered Chrissie Hynde up there as well.

Lita Ford really moved up my list after seeing her live last year & getting her latest album. She looked & acted so "Rock & Roll" & she really kicked ass musically as well. It's kind of sad that when most people think of her they think of "Kiss Me Deadly" or "Close My Eyes Forever"

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I've never heard Tina Turner called the Queen of Rock..:wtf: I thought she was more of a R&B artist.. Singing with Mic Jaggar to me dosn't give you a Rock statis and Mic sang with Michael Jackson so that's stumps me.
I'd say Lita Ford Or Joan Jet are more Rock than Tina Turner..

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
I've never heard Tina Turner called the Queen of Rock..:wtf: I thought she was more of a R&B artist.. Singing with Mic Jaggar to me dosn't give you a Rock statis and Mic sang with Michael Jackson so that's stumps me.
I'd say Lita Ford Or Joan Jet are more Rock than Tina Turner..

Really? Cause that name has always been attached to her like King of Pop is to Michael Jackson. Just Google Search 'Queen of Rock and Roll Tina Turner' and you'll get millions of websites and articles with that title to her name.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Really? Cause that name has always been attached to her like King of Pop is to Michael Jackson. Just Google Search 'Queen of Rock and Roll Tina Turner' and you'll get millions of websites and articles with that title to her name.

I did as you said and all I seen was a movie (1984) Queen of Rock that she did..
:think: I still think she is more R&B..:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online