Best Song Off This Album, Poll # 6: Judas Priest - Stained Class (1978)

Favorite track off Stained Class?

• Exciter

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • White Heat, Red Hot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better By You, Better Than Me

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Stained Class

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Invader

• Saints in Hell

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Savage

• Beyond the Realms of Death

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Heroes End

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Better By You, Better Then Me

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The kid supposedly heard Halford say "Do it" at some point in the song. I've never heard it myself. Perhaps someone can point out for me where it supposedly is in the song.

I have never heard it myself, but I know one thing, the song is creepy as hell in reverse:

Mr. T

Reaction score
That is creepy Magic. I played a Country song backwards once. Got back my wife, my trailer, my job and my dog. :oyea:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The kid supposedly heard Halford say "Do it" at some point in the song. I've never heard it myself. Perhaps someone can point out for me where it supposedly is in the song.

This is from the ridiculous court case where JP was pulled in to defend themselves for what those two dumbass kids did.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you know there is a documentary about a song off this album? 1990 would see a court case against Judas Priest over the song "Better By You, Better Than Me" where a young man supposedly shot himself after hearing this song....the whole ordeal was made into a documentary called "Dream Deceivers".

I voted Beyond the Realms of Death.

Yup I watched that one, think it was a Behind the Music documentary.

Lynch

Reaction score
I have never heard it myself, but I know one thing, the song is creepy as hell in reverse:
I think most songs played in reverse are pretty creepy, just the nature of the beast. I thought this one, while sounding creepy, also sounded kind of cool :D

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Didn't read all the above comments because I was in a hurry.. But This album ranks high on my personal must have list.. Saints in Hell gets my first vote.. I have no idea why the others tried to choose over that one.. Really wondering.... But "Beyond The realms of death" cascades over the rest as far as another great JP ballad goes..

Lynch

Reaction score
^^ Slip, I love every song on this album. Definitely a must-have for Priest fans. Beyond is just such a dark ballad and kind of out of the norm for them at the time. I don't care who's singing it, Rob or Ripper, I love every version of BTROD! :bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online