Best Song Off This Album, Poll # 17: Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon (1973)

Favorite track off The Dark Side of the Moon?

• Speak to Me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Breathe

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • On the Run

• Time

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • The Great Gig in the Sky

• Money

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Us and Them

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Any Colour You Like

• Brain Damage

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Eclipse

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Best Song Off This Album, Poll # 17: Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon (1973

To me it's almost impossible to pick a song off DSOTM...it's a complete work and I've never in all the years I've owned it played just one song. It's always from beginning to end in sequence.
Heh, I remember when I bought the MFSL gold disc of Dark Side of the Moon (one of the first 3 or 4 CDs I ever purchased back in the late 80's), I was so totally blown away by it because I was hearing things on the CD I had NEVER ever heard before on vinyl or cassette. Still one of the biggest reasons I laugh at people that say Vinyl is so much better than CD. Pftt... Sure, if you can get past the snap, crackles and pops and the fact that some of the audio is flat out lost, sure.

Anyway, to go with your comment about playing it from start to finish, I used to play stuff on "random" on the cd player once in a while and two albums that flat out did NOT work properly to play 'randomly' were DSOTM and The Wall. I can pick and choose single songs to play, but hearing them in the wrong order was kind of a mind-funk.
:bonk:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Best Song Off This Album, Poll # 17: Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon (1973

Have you ever heard the MFSL UHQR version Lynch? I think I've asked you before, but that is a stunning vinyl recording.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Nope, I've never heard it before, but I'm sure it's fantastic compared to the original vinyl release.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Not easy this one, all great tracks IMO but Time at a push.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

Time

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

I don't think anyone likes listening to Speak To Me all over again. :bonk:

b.o.b.

Reaction score

Brain Damage

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online