Best Song Off This Album, Poll # 11: Michael Jackson - Thriller (1982)

Favorite track off Thriller?

• Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baby Be Mine

• The Girl Is Mine

• Human Nature

• P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)

• The Lady in My Life

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Thriller, Billie Jean and then Beat it...I only have this album and Off The Wall by MJ.

Personally I think "Dangerous" is better than either of those. ;)

I am in no way surprised that "Thriller", "Beat It", and "Billie Jean" are scooping all the votes.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Well, after careful consideration, I have to go with my original gut-instinct choice which is Beat It. Love the guitar track, even more so love the Eddie Van Halen solo. Billie Jean would be a close second with either Wanna Be Startin' Somthing, Thriller, or PYT rounding out the third spot (depending on my mood).

ANF

Reaction score
Billie Jean is the greatest recording of Michael's career. Really the whole album is great though, one of the best pop albums of all time.

ANF

Reaction score
Personally I think "Dangerous" is better than either of those. ;)

Dangerous was good, but I do think it fell victim to "the CD age", same with HIStory and Invincible. Great 45 minute albums become bloated 75 minute ones. Off The Wall and Thriller had very little filler, and Bad was pretty solid too, then the later albums all ran a little bit longer than they should've.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll stick with Thriller and Off The Wall, I can't stand Bad one of the worst videos ever committed to film...:wtf:

A little MJ goes a long way for me, and I'm happy with just those two CD's.

ANF

Reaction score
I don't care for "Bad" the song (it was cool when I was 7, but now its embarrassing), but Dirty Diana, The Way You Make Me Feel, Man In The Mirror and Smooth Criminal are all up there with MJ's best IMO.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think I have those on a Compilation album ANF, I forgot that I did pick that up a couple of years ago.

Yes I feel the same way "Bad" is embarrassing on every level, I will almost always vote for it as the worst video of all time in those kind of contests...:heheh:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I don't judge the song Bad by the video. I think about 98% of all of the videos that came out in the 80's were dumb as hell... but they are what they are. The album Bad is another very good pop album. I don't think it's on par with Thriller, but it's still a very solid 80's pop album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sorry Lynch, but I heard that song the first time Watching the video and will never be able to disconnect the two, I can count on one hand with fingers left over how many great videos I've seen over the years.

Bad is just...Bad, I much prefer Weird Al's "Fat" parody.:heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.