Best Song Off This Album, Poll # 10: Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell (1977)

Favorite track off Bat Out of Hell?

• Heaven Can Wait

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All Revved Up with No Place to Go

• For Crying Out Loud

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
This was hard but I went with You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Paradise by the Dashboard Light...whew wheee, had some good times to that tune. :flirt

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Anyway due to Cosmic's bad influence(...:D) I have played this one a few times over the last couple years and like it a lot more.

I'm such a stinker. :D

While I love every single track on "Bat Out Of Hell" I just cannot vote for anything other than the title track. Such an explosive way to kick off the album and the song takes you from one place at the start and several instrumental sections, explosive choruses, and a grisly motorcycle crash later you find yourself at the end of a gorgeous piece of music.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Bat Out of Hell with For Crying Out Loud a close second.

"For Crying Out Loud" is my second favorite too. It's amazing how much that song rocks for having absolutely no guitar. Once the orchestra comes in and the drums are thundering away I get chills every time. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm such a stinker. :D

While I love every single track on "Bat Out Of Hell" I just cannot vote for anything other than the title track. Such an explosive way to kick off the album and the song takes you from one place at the start and several instrumental sections, explosive choruses, and a grisly motorcycle crash later you find yourself at the end of a gorgeous piece of music.

That part of the documentary was hilarious, Steinman was constantly bugging Todd about the motorcycle part in Bat...and finally Todd got pissed off went into the studio picked up his guitar and did the effect in one take...:lmao:

Steinman was pleased with himself and added "I've never really worked with a genius before, but I have now.:D"

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
That part of the documentary was hilarious, Steinman was constantly bugging Todd about the motorcycle part in Bat...and finally Todd got pissed off went into the studio picked up his guitar and did the effect in one take...:lmao:

Steinman was pleased with himself and added "I've never really worked with a genius before, but I have now.:D"

I'm pretty sure I saw that same thing. Was it part of the Classic Albums series on VH1 classic? Because I recall watching one of those where Jim was whining like a child for a motorcycle and Meat commented on how impressed he was that Todd did the motorcycle part in the song in only one, complete take and took it directly into the solo.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It could be Cosmic, up here our only channel is called "MuchMusic",,,but it's a clone of MTV I think.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online