Best Song Off This Album, Day 3: The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (1966)

Wouldn't it be nice if I didn't screw the poll up?

• You Still Believe in Me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That's Not Me

• Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)

• I'm Waiting for the Day

• Let's Go Away for Awhile

• I Know There's an Answer

• Here Today

• I Just Wasn't Made for These Times

• Pet Sounds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
Apologies for messing things up. :grinthumb

A Night at the Opera poll should be closed by now. Iron Maiden will continue for another day so if you didn't get a chance to vote, make it happen. :D

Going back in time to the 60's for this one. Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys.

PetSoundsCover.jpg

Pet Sounds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Previous Results
Poll #1: Queen - A Night at the Opera (1975): You're My Best Friend (40%)
Poll #2: Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast (1982): N/A

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Re: Best Song Off This Album, Day 3: The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (Ignore the other on

I'm really not too familiar with any BB songs that aren't played on the radio so I'll go with Wouldn't It Be Nice, though I've heard this is a great album so I'll probably check it out.

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
Re: Best Song Off This Album, Day 3: The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (Ignore the other on

It's the only Beach Boys album that I've heard :grinthumb

Going with God Only Knows, great song. Wouldn't It Be Nice is second.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

God Only Knows

ANF

Reaction score

God Only Knows.

Amazing album start to finish though. I find it sad so many people in my age group dismiss them because of Kokomo and their reputation as "those old guys who sing surf songs" when IMO any serious music lover should at least respect Brian Wilson even if he's not their cup of tea. He ranks up there with Lennon/McCartney and Paul Simon for the geniuses to emerge in the 60's.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I have long thought that this is one of the most overrated and overhyped albums of all time. Not sure what is so incredible about it (in the eyes of many). Anyway, there's really only one song that I truly love off of this album and that would be the opening track, Wouldn't It Be Nice

ANF

Reaction score

I have long thought that this is one of the most overrated and overhyped albums of all time. Not sure what is so incredible about it (in the eyes of many). Anyway, there's really only one song that I truly love off of this album and that would be the opening track, Wouldn't It Be Nice

Well, you have to admit it's better than the post-Brian junk they were releasing in the late 80's/early 90's. That stuff has given them an almost irreversibly damaged image as "tacky old men" thanks to Mr. Love.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Wouldn't It Be Nice for me.

Sloop John B would be my second pick.

CAF, do you put time limits on your Polls? It's easily done when you write one, I would suggest 7 days, that gives everyone a fair chance to see them and cast their vote. Just my view of course.

Abraxas

Reaction score

Wouldn't It Be Nice

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online