Best of the decade

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Soot and Stars wrote:

Can't do it! As opposed to most I found a shitload of favorites that I can't pick from! :grinthumb

Or do you mean there's too much Dung to find the favourites? :bdh:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I'm the same S&S, I simply wouldn't have a clue where to start! As much as anything, my list would probably be 08 and 09 heavy because I've only been music hunting for two years :D

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
This should be the Decade where in if you want to find good music - search the Internet and find music based on Genres to satisify your needs. Not the same old sales based from Singles & Albums brought. And because music is becomming more mainstream - songs which maybe popular may not necessarily be sold due to how the Internet promotes music.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Soot and Stars wrote:

Can't do it! As opposed to most I found a shitload of favorites that I can't pick from! :grinthumb

Or do you mean there's too much Dung to find the favourites? :bdh:

Not for me but let's just compromise and say one mans trash is another mans treasure and I'm proud of my treasure! :grinthumb

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Music for me from this decade has been hit and miss, I've only managed to find a couple of performers that I really like from this Decade - radio has been the main source, though it's been difficult because it's been the question of finding what radio stations provide what. Some mainstream ones have Pete Murray which I like, but most of their other music is dribble, and then there's other radio stations (community ones) which have certain kinds of music depending on the time of day, but those stations make it difficult to track down where you're going to find an album from that band. You're in good hands if you're after Classical Music in this area cause there's a couple of stations which have that. How about a list to show what the most popular classical music has been of this decade? :heybaby:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Soot and Stars wrote:

Not for me but let's just compromise and say one mans trash is another mans treasure and I'm proud of my treasure! :grinthumb

Yep I guess we could both agree that those lists are rubbish! Though it's about a matter of taste too which defines what we're bound to enjoy! :violin:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Did anyone find The Eagles "The Long Road Out Of Eden" any good? I heard one interesting song from that album, I'll check it out.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
This should be the Decade where in if you want to find good music - search the Internet and find music based on Genres to satisify your needs. Not the same old sales based from Singles & Albums brought.

These lists were not compiled from record sales, otherwise they would all be the same. They are subjective picks of the editors. One song (don't remember which one) was not a hit. One list I saw compiled radio play and another four factors, but I didn't post it.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
annie wrote:

These lists were not compiled from record sales, otherwise they would all be the same. They are subjective picks of the editors. One song (don't remember which one) was not a hit. One list I saw compiled radio play and another four factors, but I didn't post it.

Sounds a bit biased just because the editor heard something and placed it in their favourites. Make me editor and I'd turn popular music on it's head! :D A more accurate depiction would be to collect results from a survey. It would show people from different age groups with different interests would compile something completely different perhaps! :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online