WAR
Tower Of Power
Three Dog Night
Mothers Finest
Chicago
Grand Funk Railroad

olhippie

Reaction score
MC5 / Sailcat / Frijid Pink / Vanilla Fudge / Quicksilver Messenger Service / Atomic Rooster / Moby Grape / Groundhogs to name a few. You can find more at my website ! And even listen to some of their music !

davidhuwthomas

Reaction score
How refreshing! Was going to post Budgie (recent discovery for me) but hey they already have a mention!!

ChrisBakerNJ

Reaction score
Free, Atomic Rooster, Necromandus, Sir Lord Baltimore.... Some of my favorites. Free is pretty well known, I still think they don't get as much credit as they deserved. But the other three were very obscure, but I think that makes them even cooler at the same time.

noodlez

Reaction score
Hard rock:
Buffalo - Their 2nd album Volcanic Rock is a proto-metal masterpiece.
Rose Tattoo - Great hard rock in the late 70s.
Crack the Sky - Prog/pop/hard rock band from the mid- to late-70s. Find their debut.
Ram Jam - Their 2nd album has a really good hard rock. Lots of nice guitar work and strong songs to boot.
Jericho / Jericho Jones - Hard rock/prog rock group that started in the 60s a sthe Churchills and went through various incarnations. The Jericho album has some excellent epic songs on it.
Yesterday's Children (late-60s) - Incredible psychedelic hard rock. As good or better than alot of popular bands of the day.
Bang - Similarities to Black Sabbath. They had more of a mainstream approach to rock.

Garage Rock:
The Master's Apprentice - Garage rock in the 60s. Prog rock in the 70s.
The Count Bishops - Garage revival in the late 70s.
The Music Machine (60s)
The Shadows of Knight (60s)

Southern rock:
Henry Paul Band

Country rock:
Pure Prairie League
Gene Clark (The Byrds)

Brad

Reaction score
How about the New Riders of the Purple Sage, a dead oriented band I think they were. And someone up there mentioned Leslie West, I met him one night, scared the heck out of the man, and Leslie is a big man. That is a story for the ages.

Brad

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online