Votes: 13 72.2%
  • The Roger Years '76 - '84

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Post Roger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
50 years on which is the best era of Pink Floyd? While one of my favourite albums is 'Animals' I personally favour the period '68 - '76. There are many Syd fanatics out there, and I have found out that a large number of the younger Floyd fans like the later stuff.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
What bothers me about the '68 - '76 period is it introduces some highlights from the band and then there's Ummagumma. I agree that the band has put some great live performances for the Live part of the album, but the Studio while has some nice songs on it, some of it seem to be low points. Some of that continued with Atom Heart Mother which Water & Gilmour hated, though I personally enjoy that album more than Ummagumma.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Roger years for me. The other stuff is good but Roger is what primarily draws me to Floyd. He is a hero of mine, never heard an artist with such empathy. He really gets into the nitty gritty of that innate madness, that moment of weakness that exists inside all of us.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Earlier times,pre-"Dark Side".Partly because of Sid Barrett's involvement and also because as much as their post "Moon" works were wonderfully explorative,I prefer the more hard core psych-rock of "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn" and "Saucerful of Secrets".Just scored a used vinyl pressing of "Ummagumma" but haven't gotten around to giving it a listen as of yet,but I'm sure I'll enjoy it seeing it was released during the pre-"Moon" years.Also,works like "Moon","Wish You Were Here", and "The Wall" boast works that I've heard so many times I could swear I might not care if I ever heard any of them ever again.Some serious over exposure in these cases for me."I've got a bike,you can ride it if you like,it's got a basket a bell that rings and things to make it look good.I'd give it to you if I could but I borrowed it..........I love that stuff.RIP Syd..................

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Enjoyed the Syd years as well as the post-Roger years. The Roger period was far to dark. By far my favourite were the years with Roger, David, Rick, Nick '68 - '76

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online