Best Ever Albums

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Music isn't evolving. It's headed right back to the stink and muck we all came from.

I have to sit here listening to the stuff my older children like and I want to tear my *$%#*&^ ears out.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
In Rainbows was OK, but for me I want another OK Computer or The Bends style album, enough of this electronica crap.
electronica is where I'm hoping music expands and I'm glad Radiohead are influencing it. I expect electronica to mix more with standard retro bands to mix it up. In my Eyes the modern band I want has a lead guitarist, rhythm guitarist, bass player, sax/brass, bass player, keyboard player, drummer and a electronica guy.

YEah the latest Radiohead album is a mess but I'm sticking to they still play a great live show and maybe with some time off for side projects something interesting to come. I don't expect most to get it because Radiohead isn't going back to OK Computer or the Bends.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^If I want electronica I'll play Tangerine Dream or Kraftwerk, Radiohead made a conscious choice to move away from "a great rock band" to what we see now. The lead singer even said as much, that he had no intention of becoming another U2.

It's too bad, they owe us one more brilliant album but that's not going to happen.

I haven't seen them live AK, so I give you the benefit of the doubt that they are one of the best live acts. I'm not sure they've ever toured here, I'll have to check.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^What did you think was going to happen?

All these lists are totally subjective and the discussion can end up anywhere.

Reaction score
^^What did you think was going to happen?

All these lists are totally subjective and the discussion can end up anywhere.

I just didn't think it would wind up as a Radiohead thread. I thought that the other albums (at least in the top ten) would be critiqued as well.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Radiohead, U2 and Nirvana, the triple threat of bands guaranteed to get a reaction from anyone either positive or negative.

I didn't comment on DSOTM being 2nd on the list yet because nobody said anything. I would put it at the top of the heap.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
yeah, and 4 Radiohead albums in the top 16. wow.
Well, there will be some people that will completely agree with that. I am not one of them. If a Radiohead album was on fire sitting on the ground in front of me, I wouldn't piss on it to put it out. 4 of the top 16 being from this incredibly lame and boring band is all I need to see to know that I'm not bothing spending my valuable time even looking at the list.

But for those that agree with the list, woot for you.

ANTHEM

Reaction score
I always expect list like this to be bias and it's not really a big deal because it's just the way things have always been. I personally think these albums are among some of the best regardless of what list say......rush - 2112, ac/dc - flick of the switch, ozzy - diary of a madman, dio - holy diver, iron maiden - powerslave, queenryche - the warning, wasp - st, armored saint - march of the saint....just to name a few.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online