Best Ever Albums

Reaction score
On Best Ever Albums - The Greatest Music Albums of All Time, they have a list of the top 1000 albums according to their users. You can find it at Overall Chart : Best Ever Albums. I happen to find their list to be lousy. I mean the only ZZ Top album to make their list was Tres Hombres at 893. They have Eiminator next at 1,237. Plus the only Lynyrd Skynyrd album to make the list was (pronounced 'lĕh-'nérd 'skin-'nérd) at 388. Second Helping, Skynyrd's second best album according to them (which is correct) is ranked at 1,029. Really?! Are they messed up in the head???

Khor1255

Reaction score
Two Radiohead albums in the top 10 is all I needed to see to tell this was either a promo list or they actually found people with the worst possible taste. Truly amazing.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Two Radiohead albums in the top 10 is all I needed to see to tell this was either a promo list or they actually found people with the worst possible taste. Truly amazing.

yeah, and 4 Radiohead albums in the top 16. wow.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Why is it so shocking to discover that in the year 2013 more people like Radiohead than bands of old aged pensioners from the 1960's/70's who were around before many of us were even born? I'm not saying I personally do, and I'm not saying that I don't, but music has a certain natural evolution which - without it - it would be as dead as a dodo.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've seen worse lists than that, I like OK Computer but Radiohead recently has been so disappointing I've given up on them.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Their last album 'King of Limbs' was such a disaster that I downloaded it, played it, played it again, then stuck pins in my own eyes for some light relief, and finally deleted it from my iPod - all in the space of a couple of hours.

But they will be better next time around.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
In Rainbows was OK, but for me I want another OK Computer or The Bends style album, enough of this electronica crap.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Why is it so shocking to discover that in the year 2013 more people like Radiohead than bands of old aged pensioners from the 1960's/70's who were around before many of us were even born? I'm not saying I personally do, and I'm not saying that I don't, but music has a certain natural evolution which - without it - it would be as dead as a dodo.
I'm not at all shocked that some source would try to pretend that Radiohead is this relevant. I am saying I don't believe the poll represents any actual cross-section of music listeners.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.