• Supergrass

• Manic Street Preachers

• Suede

• Charlatans UK

Results are only viewable after voting.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
Trying to think of topics that haven't been mined before.
There was the "wave" of British bands in the 90's that was all the rage.
Pick your favorite

Toss up between Blur and Stone Roses for me.
Woo hoo being great. Actually called Song 2. You learn something every day.
But the Stone Roses seemed to spawn most of the others.
I respect that.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I'm going with Radiohead, indecisively.

I'm really not a fan of the wave of 90s Britbands. I can't take some of them too seriously, like... What was it? Singer of Oasis called themselves the next Beatles? Ha... hahaha.

They suck. Glad you have refined taste, @BikerDude. Stone Roses and Blur are not too shabby...

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
There are plenty of hit songs by all those bands, but the one album I like the best out of all those groups is The Verve's Urban Hymns so that's who gets my vote -- even though I think they only released one single (that I know of) from that album ("Bittersweet Symphony"). Lots of great album tracks though.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
There are plenty of hit songs by all those bands, but the one album I like the best out of all those groups is The Verve's Urban Hymns so that's who gets my vote -- even though I think they only released one single (that I know of) from that album ("Bittersweet Symphony"). Lots of great album tracks though.

They released 3 more singles from that album: "The Drugs Don't Work", "Lucky Man" and "Sonnet"

LordJohn

Reaction score
Radiohead definitely. Blur are also excellent and are no. 2.

Stone Roses are really more of a 80's band since that's when their classic debut came out and they only had one 90's album. They're just more culturally representative of the 80's with the whole baggy thing.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you could pay me enough to listen to any of these bands. I'd rather sit in silence. Don't like the music style of any, can't stand the vocals on any. Stone Roses is the only one that I can remember that had any guitar work at all that was remotely decent. Radiohead, possibly the most overrated band in history, outside of Nirvana.

Not putting down any poster that likes this stuff, but it certainly isn't for me.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Stone Roses are really more of a 80's band since that's when their classic debut came out and they only had one 90's album. They're just more culturally representative of the 80's with the whole baggy thing.

Before I went and looked it up, I could only remember two albums the band ever put out. I was wrong, they put out 2 studio albums (1989 and 1994), I think that puts them as a 90's band, although I would say that from what I remember, they had more of a late-80's "college rock" sound.

But, how in the HELL does a band put out only 2 albums and have the balls to put out SIX (yes, I said 6) "best of" albums?

stone.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online