Best album of the 90s? (with bonus Radiohead discussion)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Apart from the wonderful Creep - maybe my all time favourite Radiohead track - Pablo is a bit hit and miss with me. The Bends and OK, Computer stand out as two of my favourites from the 90s, with The Bends being amongst my favourite albums of all time. Of the studio albums after I only have Kid A, In Rainbows and Hail To The Thief. In Rainbows I find pretty much ok, but can't for the life of me get into the other two, try as I might (and boy have I tried). I'm not one of those people who say they went down the pan post OK Computer, just that they went in a direction where their sound has very little to no appeal to me personally. I'm really not a fan of electronics hence why I struggle, a shame because there are still all those moments with Thom's spine-tingley haunting vocals that I so love.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Smashing Pumpkins have done more enjoyable albums for me than Radiohead.
Rarely do I find double albums enjoyable and lacking in filler but Mellon Collie is definitely one of those gems I have high on my favourites of all time list.

Speaking of 90s, for metal I throw in Opeth's Still Life of 1999.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Rarely do I find double albums enjoyable and lacking in filler but Mellon Collie is definitely one of those gems I have high on my favourites of all time list.

See, I think Mellon Collie could be condensed into a brilliant single disc. But that's just me. Mellon Collie is very good but I prefer Siamese Dream.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Rarely do The Pumpkins do anything that displeases me, and like you Riff I love Mellon Collie. Heck I even adore Zeitgeist, why it gets the stick it seems to is beyond me as there's some cracking tunes on there!

Lol, just noticed the title of this thread is now "Best album of the 90s? (with bonus Radiohead discussion)" .... ooops, I think that's my fault :peek

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I think it's my fault for putting plenty of fuel in the radiohead fire here. :p

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Lol, just noticed the title of this thread is now "Best album of the 90s? (with bonus Radiohead discussion)" .... ooops, I think that's my fault :peek

That was my little idea of a joke. :D Don't let that stop you from discussing Radiohead. I think it’s cool when people discuss the bands and albums they mention, otherwise it’s just another thread full of album covers :D

Have to agree with that. I prefer any Pumpkins album up to and including "Adore" over any Radiohead album. That being said, I do love "OK Computer".

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
King of "Limps"? Was that intentional? :heheh:

It was not but it really should have been. :heheh: And You are much more kind of them than I am, Musikwala.

Personally where I think Radiohead has excelled is in their live performance. They still play plenty of all songs and I love the new arrangements.

Now this I could not disagree with any more. I don't know when you saw them last, Aktivator but I sawRadiohead live two years ago and that wasn't the case. Aside from playing "King of Limbs" in it's entirety, they didn't play a single song off of their first two albums, three off of "Ok Computer", and only two off of "Kid A". I wouldn't call five out of twenty something to be "plenty" personally. Sure, the show was cool visually but the songs selections were severely lacking for me.

mrJim

Reaction score
Well, I'll say this... cos it's too tempting not to! Hail to the Thief is freaking light years ahead of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb! But to each their own turds. ;)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
:grinthumb I was expecting that retort from you way back in the 2000's thread

I simply find it absolutely painful to get by almost any track on Hail to the Theif.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online