Benjamin Orr

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Benjamin Orr was the best part of the Cars concert I saw decades ago. Well done Lady.:D

I am surprised he passed away so young, and I didn't even realize it.:(

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Thanks for putting up this thread Lady!! I agree with MP ......... Ben is a legend! AND he had the most wonderful smile :)

Rocker440

Reaction score
Benjamin Orr was the best part of the Cars concert I saw decades ago. Well done Lady.:D

I am surprised he passed away so young, and I didn't even realize it.:(

Ditto! Imo, Benjamin Orr was the best vocalist in The Cars, too! Many of my favorite Cars songs are songs that he sang! His voice sounds great, and fit perfectly for many! "Drive" is one that he sang that is a long time favorite!

I was also looking forward to the Big People band, but sadly that didn't last very long, nor did that band do any touring around here! :(

A very nice write-up Lil, and also with the restored photo, too! :grinthumb

Rocker440

Reaction score
^^^You did an excellent job of removing the grain, imo! Did you use a certain computer program to achieve that, Lil? I believe there are some for helping with removing red-eye in photos, but I don't think I've heard of one for removing very grainy photos. :grinthumb

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
^^^You did an excellent job of removing the grain, imo! Did you use a certain computer program to achieve that, Lil? I believe there are some for helping with removing red-eye in photos, but I don't think I've heard of one for removing very grainy photos. :grinthumb

I actually did it all by hand via the GIMP photo manipulation program.

It's a tedious process.

Rocker440

Reaction score
I actually did it all by hand via the GIMP photo manipulation program.

It's a tedious process

Wow! :grinthumb That must take quite some time and patience to do that, and also with the excellent finished, high quality photo, too! :)

Here's an excellent Benjamin Orr song:

and one of my favorite Cars songs, with Ben on vocals as well:

:tup: :cheers2

Bjburgess51

Reaction score
I am a Ben Orr fan, and would love any info on him, Fan Clubs, new release videos/music
The pic is AWESOME. Thanks for sharing it

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Anything to do with Benjamin Orr will be posthumous now Bjburgess51, so unless there are some old demos/unreleased songs in the vault I'm afraid that is it for new music from him.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.