Ben Folds (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
OR, there's nothing better in this forum than that sort of influence. That Retrospective c.d. is an excellent way for you to catch up on Bens solo career while including your favorite Ben Folds Five tracks! :) I think Rockin' The Suburbs is a great buy for that price. It's still my favorite solo c.d. of his if you don't include the live one or the one he did with the A Cappella groups performing his songs. My second favorite studio album is his last Lonely Avenue in which he teams up with writer Nick Hornby (High Fidelity). If one thing can be said for Ben since he went solo is that he's more adventurous than ever and isn't afraid to try things. With all that said, if Ben becomes your muse for music again you have a lot in store! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
After looking at the track listing for the Retrospective album I can't help but feel like a lot of tracks are missing that should be on there....but then again, that's how I feel about most compilation albums. :heheh: One thing though is....where is "The Best Imitation of Myself"? Ben names an album after it and then doesn't put it on the album? :bonk:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
So in addition to the retrospective album Ben also put out this one on his site...

hqdefault.jpg

It's 56 tracks of unreleased live recordings and demos and....yeah....I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. I especially like the live covers that were sort of thrown together on the spot. Here's a few of my favorites....

Beatles Cover

Oasis Cover

Hank Williams Cover

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
It's Chat Roulette, Priest. Basically, you go on there with a web cam and you are supposed to chat with random people about this and that like an one on one chat room. What it is actually full of though is men who are feverishly masturbating. :heheh:

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
It's Chat Roulette, Priest. Basically, you go on there with a web cam and you are supposed to chat with random people about this and that like an one on one chat room. What it is actually full of though is men who are feverishly masturbating. :heheh:
:whistle:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online