Ben Folds (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Introducing The Uninitiated: Official Ben Folds Thread

This song from the most recent Ben Folds album is great! I love the arrangement with Bens passionate vocal! Really hitting me right now! I'm going to make a new sig based off of this! :)

Ben Folds-Picture Window

Clockwork

Baby Rocker
Reaction score

hey soot sorry i didnt check out earlier... this is great music... great piano skills!... i especially like "mess"... that piano intro is epic

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

This song from the most recent Ben Folds album is great! I love the arrangement with Bens passionate vocal! Really hitting me right now! I'm going to make a new sig based off of this! :)

Ben Folds-Picture Window

That's one of my favorites off of "Lonely Avenue" too Sooty. :grinthumb

My favorite off the album right now though would probably be "Levi Johnston's Blues". I'm not a ****ing redneck but the chorus still gets me pumped and craves to be sang along to. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another great track Cosmic! This is my favorite solo work (aside from the live album and his A Capella project) that he's done since his dolo debut "Rockin' The Suburbs"! It was a grower for me since when I got it I had so many c.d.s going at once but when I went back to it it hit me how great it was! :cheers2

hey soot sorry i didnt check out earlier... this is great music... great piano skills!... i especially like "mess"... that piano intro is epic

Clockwork, this is a big thread and hard to absorb everything to it's depth but Ben Folds is definitely and artist to explore in depth as he's one of the best solo artist of our time as far as songwriting and creative talent and the most enduring next to Ryan Adams!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another great track Cosmic! This is my favorite solo work (aside from the live album and his A Capella project) that he's done since his dolo debut "Rockin' The Suburbs"! It was a grower for me since when I got it I had so many c.d.s going at once but when I went back to it it hit me how great it was! :cheers2

I'd probably rank them like this:

Rockin' The Suburbs (of course it is the best)

Ben Folds Live (I've always loved this album but I didn't pick up a hard copy until this past Monday. I had a really hard time finding it and never got around to getting it online)

Way to Normal and Lonely Avenue tie

and Songs for Silverman comes in last.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

What a GREAT song!!

Still Fighting It

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I find the closing track, "Belinda", to "Lonely Avenue" terrible sad. There are more love songs out there than any other type of song by a long shot and how haunted and terrible that must be if things didn't work out with the individual someone wrote the song for. I mean...every night people crave it and call for it an in the process dig up those guilty feelings of regret and lost love. It must be agonizing... :(

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

Ben Folds has a concert here next Saturday night. Unfortunately I am working that night :(

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Ah that's such a drag, Sunny. I had the same problem a month or two ago with working the same night as a Ben Folds concert I would have loved to have gone to.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online