Administrator
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Ben Folds​

Ben_Folds_2007.jpg

Born September 12, 1966.

Ben turns 45 today :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
So....being that I'm up on all of the latest Ben Folds news I have something pretty big to convey. I've heard that Ben Folds Five are getting back together to do three new songs for an upcoming Ben Folds compilation album AND will be working a new album due sometime next year. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
If I heard correctly though you get one of them on the original and the two extra discs are made up of a lot of live stuff aren't they? So it's not like you'd be buying a ton of stuff you already own, right?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
If I heard correctly though you get one of them on the original and the two extra discs are made up of a lot of live stuff aren't they? So it's not like you'd be buying a ton of stuff you already own, right?

True for the most part but as much as I like Ben he has a creative way of milking ridiculous amounts of money out of fans. Like the $100 plus package for Way To Normal! I think it's ridiculous to do that with a new album. I mean seriously, you joked with me about buying 5 Pumpkin c.d.s but Ben really likes to milk as much money out of as little material as possible. :tongue: The package seems nice but I hate how it's tack onto a collection true fans already have. Why not release just a rarities compilation for the price of what you are getting. Not add it onto a hits comp. which is dead weight to fans and add that much more money to it. :bonk: Knowing me I'll still get it because I'm a fan and completest within reason but if Ben has that much output in how these things are release he's being a greedy dick! :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yep, this baby right here! :grinthumb

a61cfc050598308699ada7220cb57fd6

Thing that sucks is you have to buy the expensive 3-disc collection to get the three new tracks! :wtf:

:wa

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
True for the most part but as much as I like Ben he has a creative way of milking ridiculous amounts of money out of fans. Like the $100 plus package for Way To Normal! I think it's ridiculous to do that with a new album. I mean seriously, you joked with me about buying 5 Pumpkin c.d.s but Ben really likes to milk as much money out of as little material as possible. :tongue: The package seems nice but I hate how it's tack onto a collection true fans already have. Why not release just a rarities compilation for the price of what you are getting. Not add it onto a hits comp. which is dead weight to fans and add that much more money to it. :bonk: Knowing me I'll still get it because I'm a fan and completest within reason but if Ben has that much output in how these things are release he's being a greedy dick! :heheh:

Quite true but as I said in the Smashing Pumpkins thread, it's a whole lot easier to just download the three songs that you don't have (and to make it clear I'm not specifically referring to illegal downloading). Such methods pay off or the frugal Folds fan. :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Quite true but as I said in the Smashing Pumpkins thread, it's a whole lot easier to just download the three songs that you don't have (and to make it clear I'm not specifically referring to illegal downloading). Such methods pay off or the frugal Folds fan. :D

:heheh: Well the difference with the Pumpkins is that they were/are been my favorite band and they were coming back after a breakup (which made me feel :uh:) in which I thought they'd never be back in any form which when they did made me :)! So on that occasion I was like Hell Yeah, I'm collecting these babies! I've used the buy one, I-Tunes the other tracks method in most cases as you suggested! :grinthumb

opera races

Reaction score
Thanks Soot for the re-introduction to Ben Folds! :grinthumb

I bought Whatever and Ever and Reinhold Messner back in the day and enjoyed those albums (still have the CD's) but honestly hadn't listened to them in years. I didn't even know Ben Folds Five had broken up or that Ben Folds was still putting out music!

While I was at the local Barnes & Noble today the Retrospective CD caught my eye and I decided to get it. I saw the uber expensive three CD special edition but decided to pass! I also found Rockin' The Suburbs in with the $7.99 CD's! Weird how after reading this thread today then finding the CD's at B&N ... I decided it was a sign! :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online