Bedlight For Blue Eyes

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Bedlight For Blue Eyes

BEDlight+for+blueEYES.jpg

is more of an entity than a band. This entity has released two IMO rock solid albums under almost completely different lineups and changes in style but still manages to sound like the same band. One thing they've kept is that both vocalists are way above the norm. The original vocalist Christian Guerrero was more theatrical and over the top and the second vocalist has a flawless voice that stays more within the song. The first lineup was more epic with a big 80's metal feel and the second lineup delivered a more hooky, catchy flavor that mixes more of the 80's rock with a modern feel. Honestly, both c.d.s just sound like a transition from a band and I don't think one would notice without being told that it was a different band.

The first c.d. was

The Dawn
(I think you guys will appreciate the cover art)
51EsiRpiI9L.jpg

Standout tracks:

Ephemeral Addictions

Midnight Symphony

Ligeia

In transition time between lineup changes the original band made this awesome cover of Jumper by Third Eye Blind!

Jumper (3EB Cover)

Plus, a great unreleased track:

Hindsight

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The second c.d. with the new lineup was
Life On Life's Term
51WqngAP82L.jpg

The standouts are:
Ms. Shapes

Life On Life's Terms

Two amazing ballads:

Walk With Me

Micheal

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Pretty cool!!! Ligeia is a nice tune as well as the first. I need to hear the second part of the thread for the transition. Looking forward to it.

You're right too...that first cover is cool as hell! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Pretty cool!!! Ligeia is a nice tune as well as the first. I need to hear the second part of the thread for the transition. Looking forward to it.

You're right too...that first cover is cool as hell! :grinthumb

Cool! I thought you might like them based on some of your taste. I think they have metal elements especially in the first c.d. even though they are definitely not heavy. The guitars and the vocalist are definitely metal in spirit. The second c.d. has an amazing vocalist but I'd advise listening to it expecting a pop rock band with catchy hooks and an equally talented vocalist that's less metal and theatrical than the first! Either way I'm curious to hear your thoughts when you get the chance! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
A bump for @joker1961! I've been a little busy but I haven't been missing your responses and picture comments. I've freshened up this thread for you man since you asked how these guys sound! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online