Battle of the similarly titled Led Zeppelin songs

Black Mountain Side or Misty Mountain Hop? & Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp vs Bron-Yr-Aur?

• R1) Black Mountain Side R2)Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • R1) Misty Mountain Hop R2) Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • R1) Black Mountain Side R2) Bron-Yr-Aur

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • R1) Misty Mountain Hop R2) Bron-Yr-Aur

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
In the This or That thread I recently gave a choice between Led Zeppelin's Bron-Y-Aur Stomp and Bron-Yr- Aur. I received a suggestion to make this into a poll, so belatedly I have - but with a twist.

As the main reason for my choice between the first two choices was the similarity between their names, I decided to throw in Black Mountain Side and Misty Mountain Hop too!

For this poll, pick your preferred song from each pair.

Round 1: Black Mountain Side vs Misty Mountain Hop
Black Mountain Side

Misty Mountain Hop

Round 2: Bron-Y-Aur Stomp vs Bron-Yr-Aur
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Bron-Yr-Aur

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Hmmmm, interesting. I had to go for Misty Mountain Hop and Bron Yr Aur Stomp. Although FWIW I'd take Misty Mountain Hop and Black Mountainside over both Bron Yr Aur and Bron Yr Aur Stomp.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I didn't understand this poll at all. That's why I did not vote when you posted this thread.

But I think I get what you're asking here. You want us to pick the winner from 2 different song battles and then vote for that pair of winners, am I right?

My answer would be... R1) Black Mountain Side R2) Bron-Yr-Aur

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
Yes, in the overall poll you have to give your winner from the two separate song battles - so for instance it was not possible to vote for both Misty Mountain Hop and Black Mountain Side as they were in the same battle. Apologies if this wasn't totally clear.

I went for Misty Moutain Hop and Bron-Yr-Aur, although I wouldn't disagree with AAG about the two 'mountain' songs being superior.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I went for Misty Moutain Hop and Bron-Yr-Aur, although I wouldn't disagree with AAG about the two 'mountain' songs being superior.

I could've also easily gone for Misty Mountain Hop and Bron-Yr-Aur, but decided to give Black Mountain Side a chance. :D I really like the tabla work there.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
Indeed, I like the tabla work too and having a gentler acoustic song in that position on Led Zeppelin I after the anthemic 'Your Time Is Gonna Come' and before the high energy 'Communication Breakdown' is quite effective, I think.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Indeed, I like the tabla work too and having a gentler acoustic song in that position on Led Zeppelin I after the anthemic 'Your Time Is Gonna Come' and before the high energy 'Communication Breakdown' is quite effective, I think.

Very true.

Damn... that is one excellent album!

Khor1255

Reaction score
That's actually one of my favorite Zep tunes. Never fails - not once - to get my toes tappin.

Khor1255

Reaction score
You were talking about Black Mountainside.

That one.

Actually out of the four posted in the op the only one that I would consider better than Black Mountainside is Bron Yr Aur. But that is a tossup and I think BMS would still win.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.