Battle of the Isolated Classic Studio Vocal Tracks: "Alone" vs. "Barracuda" by Ann Wilson

Which classic Isolated Vocal Performance is Best?

• Alone

• Barracuda

Results are only viewable after voting.

BobThompson

Reaction score
I just recently discovered that there are isolated vocal tracks from many artists on YouTube. For those who don't know what the term refers to, it's just the raw vocal track without any of the instrumentation so you can hear every syllable and every breath the singer utters.

Some of these tracks are really great, and among the best I've found are from Ann Wilson.. We all know she is a great rock vocalist, but its really cool hearing her classic vocal tracks without guitars covering anything up.

So without further adieu, please vote for which of these classic vocal performances is better, "Alone" or "Barracuda".

On a separate but related note, I very well may be up all night listening to all the vocals I've found from Layne Staley, Robert Plant, Paul Rodgers, Brad Delp, Benatar, etc. Wish I had discovered these were out there sooner.

Last edited:

BobThompson

Reaction score
I think they're both good but Barracuda is more impressive. Alone has more effects, including her voice being triple layered at the end when she wails the last "alone" lyric.

As a bonus here is Roger Fisher's isolated guitar for Barracuda.

Last edited:

michael 802

Reaction score
Alone cut has range, complexity, can go from a blast into the shadows- stands alone better- imho (1st post)

glad to know about these vocals only.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online