Band named 'Music'

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The only band named "Music" I remember hearing about was an early 2000's band, possibly British, who tried doing the Darkness and Jet thing if I remember right. They were called "The" Music.

Got some of their music in the mail at the radio station. It was all right and I even supported it a little but quickly tired of it.

That band did at least a couple of albums and is probably still around today.

That's exactly who I thought of first. I really like them (him) but that's a story for another thread. I believe that group came before The Darkness and Jet though! :D

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
That's exactly who I thought of first. I really like them (him) but that's a story for another thread. I believe that group came before The Darkness and Jet though! :D

Durrr, uh my regular "fact checker" is out of town for the holidays. I was flying solo on that little typecasting. Now off to the kitchen to grab a spatula. Gotta get a little egg off my face :D

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I'm pretty much sure he is talking about this band
Music+Buzzy+Linhart++++1970.jpg

That's actually 1971. ;)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

That's actually 1971. ;)

I did a bit of research on 'Music' (the band) and it turns out this was a quartet formed by Buzzy Linhart in 1968 and disbanded in early 1970's, due to lack of support from their record label. You can read a full Biography Here, at the Buzzy Linhart Official Web Site or the small tad of information that is available on Wikipedia

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^^ and I must say this band is very rare today. There is no CD release (yet), only vinyl from 70-71.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Buzzy is still active, and it looks like he is going to release a "Live at Cafe Au Go Go from 1971".

I would like to get ahold of a copy of Buzzy's album from 1969

Capture-6.jpg

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

That's actually 1971. ;)

yeah that is the first album I thought of. Seen it before in a used bin but never bought it.

I like "the Music" the early 00's band and yeap before both Jet or The Darkness yet I don't think they sound like either.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Staff online