Bad Company (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
27115645-27115650-slarge.jpg

left to right: Boz Burrell (bass), Paul Rogers (vocals, guitar), Mick Ralphs (guitar), Simon Kirke (drums)
And the same group today:

badcompany.jpg

Current Band Members:

Paul Rodgers
Mick Ralphs
Simon Kirke

Bad Company Official Website
Bad Company on Wikipedia

This supergroup made up of members from Free (Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke), Mott the Hoople (Mick Ralphs), and King Crimson (Boz Burrell) are an awesome blues-rock band. When I think back to the 70's, this band comes to mind as one of my favorites.

The song "Feel Like Makin' Love" still reverberates through my ears today and is probably one of the catchiest and most memorable songs. The guitar riff by Mick Ralphs, the bada ba... bada ba, is one sound that will get stuck in your head !!

The band still puts on concerts, but hasn't made any new albums since 1996.

Discography:

1974 Bad Company
1975 Straight Shooter
1976 Run with the Pack
1977 Burnin' Sky
1979 Desolation Angels
1982 Rough Diamonds
1986 Fame and Fortune
1988 Dangerous Age
1990 Holy Water
1992 Here Comes Trouble
1995 Company of Strangers
1996 Stories Told & Untold

I have all their ablums up to the release of 1982, "Rough Diamonds".

Run With The Pack is my favorite album:

BadCompany_Run_With_The_Pack.jpg

Run With the Pack

Silver, Blue and Gold

Live For the Music

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Bad Company

Their self-titled debut would be another one to pick up, and Burning Sky is a good CD as well.

Reaction score

I love paul Rodgers' vocals, and yeah, debut album is my favorite, but yeah, I'll really listen to them up till Rough Diamonds, some of their later releases are allright, but sort of boring

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Bad Company made some outstanding music! I think Straight Shooter rocked a little harder than their warmer-sounding debut, but both were very good albums. Though Running With The Pack and Burning Sky were hit and miss (imo) there were still some great songs from those two. And don't forget about Holy Water from 1990. An excellent album even without Paul Rogers' vocals.

Love the songs "Deal With The Preacher", "Seagull", "Running With The Pack", and "Burning Sky". Love 'em!

runtfan

Reaction score

R.I.P. - Boz Burrell died a few years ago.

I like them well enough...well enough that I tried to get our Zeppelin tribute to form a Bad Co. tribute on the side. We found a keyboard player/rhythm guitarist/ backup vocalist to round out the lineup but then couldn't get our singer to commit...oh well.

I love Paul Rodgers singing and the rest of the band is solid, if unspectacular. My favorite songs are - Feel Like Makin' Love, Bad Company, Deal With The Preacher, Burnin' Sky, Gone Gone Gone, Ready For Love, Rock Steady...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

The first Bad Co. album I bought was Desolation Angel, and I was disappointed. Rock 'n Roll Fantasy was a decent song, but the rest of the record just didn't excite me. Been a long time since I played it, maybe I'll revisit it to see if I've changed my opinion.

Reaction score

Bad Company made some outstanding music! I think Straight Shooter rocked a little harder than their warmer-sounding debut, but both were very good albums. Though Running With The Pack and Burning Sky were hit and miss (imo) there were still some great songs from those two. And don't forget about Holy Water from 1990. An excellent album even without Paul Rogers' vocals.

Love the songs "Deal With The Preacher", "Seagull", "Running With The Pack", and "Burning Sky". Love 'em!

I always forget about the song Seagull, I like it a lot though

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

R.I.P. - Boz Burrell died a few years ago.

I didn't know this. Then the picture I posted had to be taken prior to September 21, 2006.

I did some reading up on Boz. It would appear he didn't learn to play bass until the 70's and was taught by Robert Fripp. He joined Bad Company in 1973 as bassist, so he was a greenhorn, so to speak. Also to his credits is the songwriting for Gone,Gone,Gone and Rhythm Machine off the Desolation Angels album. Gone, Gone, Gone is considered one of the best songs from the band. Kudos to Boz Burrell :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Boston'sCorner

Reaction score

Just wanted to mention that i like their ballad "If you Needed Somebody". The song "She brings me love" also puts them in touch with their sentimental side. Outstanding= "Ready for Love"

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online

No members online now.