Bad Company (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Bad Company

I don't Know if Paul Roger's is arrogant or not, but he sure has one of the best voices in rock n' roll. He was asked to join Deep Purple after Ian Gillain left the band, but couldn't because of being committed to Bad Comapny, so Joe Lynn Turner got the vocal spot on Deep Purple. Can you imagine how different Deep Purple would have been with Roger's as vocalist?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like him in Free as well, before Bad Company was formed. Although there have been a few vocalists in Purple, Ian Gillian will always be at the head of the class.

I have new found respect for Rodgers touring in support of Queens new project though, takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to step into Freddie's shoes.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I think Rogers announced earlier this year, he was DONE with Queen. I dont know how true this is, or why, either.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I don't Know if Paul Roger's is arrogant or not, but he sure has one of the best voices in rock n' roll. He was asked to join Deep Purple after Ian Gillain left the band, but couldn't because of being committed to Bad Comapny, so Joe Lynn Turner got the vocal spot on Deep Purple. Can you imagine how different Deep Purple would have been with Roger's as vocalist?
Just pulled up Deep Purple and seen it had 14 members over time..
Black Sabbath had 26 members.. :wtf: That just makes me wonder..
You have bands like Led Zeppelin who keep the same guys their whole career and then bands like DP and BS go through band members like groupies..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I wondered that myself, Thumper. There has to be friction coming from somewhere or someone to have so many changes.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Maybe it was a "One Of" event Magic...who knows musicians are a flighty bunch as a rule...Oops...no offense Thumper.:heheh:

I think you hit the nail on the head Thumper more bands change members than ever stay the same, I think they just get sick and tired of each other and it takes a special chemistry to hang through thick and thin and stay friends.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

LG, a "one of" event would not make a band have 20+ member changes :rolleyes:

I think some of these bands use alot of session musicians, too, and have to list them as members on the respective collaborations.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I was referring to the tour with Queen, not the continual line-up changes in Sabbath or Purple.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

He comes across that way to me. He has a great voice though.

His kids are talented as well:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Just in case you guys didn't realize it, 2010 is the 35th anniversary of the Straight Shooter album.

Straight_shooter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online