Appetite For Destruction vs Van Halen I

Pick

• Total voters

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Appetite For Destruction Vs. Van Halen I

Got to be VH 1 :cheers2.....This album has been discussed very frequently on CRF, and we all agree its a REAL CLASSIC !!! Still the best album VH have ever done.
Gn R is a great album too...heard it LOTS in its day....strange I never actually ever got round to actually buying it........one day perhaps:grinthumb

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score

I own both, but if my copy of Appetite got nicked, I wouldn't be bothered. If I lost Van Halen 1, I'd buy two copies to make sure I was never without it again.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

It's very tragic that "Appetite..." only has my vote on it's side....I love both albums and I think that the two are the epitomes of hard rock albums but I'm backing Guns all the way here.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I'm not going to pussy foot around and cover such a love for Appetite over Van Halen I like LG did.. I'm shooting straight from a been there point of view and I will say.. When Van Halen hit the scene.. It was the best album to come out during the best of times.. It was right around the Disco times and even though some of us enjoyed the music change back then.. Van Halen debut was a international hit on all levels.. I think none of us back then ever complained in any which way about what the radio played..
When Gun's and Roses came out..we had moved so far passed what was just a simple party tune played on the radio.. It was the beginning of the down fall of music from what was available to the ones who where there.. TV was now a hypnotic what was more popular in a way of music..
things have never been the same since then..

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Two of the greatest debut albums of all time. Not sure I can vote on this one

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score

It's very tragic that "Appetite..." only has my vote on it's side....I love both albums and I think that the two are the epitomes of hard rock albums but I'm backing Guns all the way here.

Actually it is blasphemy that a band that treated their fans like shit, is able to beat more deserving bands into the Rock & Roll HOF. GNR is one of the most Overrated Bands.

Van Halen I had an up and coming band, damn near showing up Black Sabbath while opening for them.

This is not even close and it is correct.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

VH I for me.

rtbuck

Reaction score

Very tough poll!!! Man, when I noticed this poll yesterday I could not make a decision at all. I kept on thinking about getting those records as soon as they were released (My Uncle actually gave me a promo copy of VH which some guy at work gave him & told him they were going to be huge & for G n R, I actually bought it early enough to have the original cover). I started disecting the songs & still no clear cut decision. ...Then I went back to the original poll question..."Which debut album do you like better?" It didn't ask which album WAS better. I thought about it again & it still was almost too close but I went with ...Guns & Roses! Why?? Mainly for 3 songs that kick my Ass "Out To Get Me", "Night Train", & my favorite on the album "It's So Easy". Both albums
are phenomenalbut for me those 3 tunes make the difference.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I am both surprised but almost expected you to vote that way Bucky, and as usual your explanation thoroughly surrounds why you did vote for G 'n R.

Me it's simple, I bought a brand spanking new Rhino 180 gram audiophile vinyl copy of VH about a month ago,,,it literally sent shivers up my spine when I played it again. I think I will simply give my CD away, I won't ever play it again now.

I would also buy "Appetite..." if I see it available in the same format, as I said it's the only G 'n R album I own.

Oh and Cosmic...I Love being the only vote for one side in these kind of polls.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online