Anvil (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Got tickets to see these bad boys next week with Lou/Realm, latest album as usual is great and I picket up a couple of remasters from eBay, will soon have them all at this rate.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Iam up to 8 ANVIL albums now..just purchased the "Anvil is Anvil" cd from the gig with an extra track ! :)
What a gig ! 3 times I have see these Canadian Metal giants and they always deliver ! The venue was The Diamond in Doncaster..an old church, not a great turn out with only 70 or so people there. This didnt put Lips or the rest of the band off and they gave 100% as ever.
A mixture of old and new songs ...yes of course they played "Metal on metal" [ one of Heavy metals greatest riffs !! ]
Me and Sweaty were in metal heaven :grinthumb

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I Echo what Lou says and must have posted at same time, I am up to 10 albums, here is my take. Well we were there last night in what looks like an old church, two supports who were not bad but not my cup of tea. Anvil were excellent and Lips came into the crowd and played guitar right in front of me before he took the stage and played a variety of songs from their lengthy back catalogue. There were only around 70 people there and I did feel kinda sorry for the band but Lips said that they were enjoying doing a headline tour of the clubs in England.

The show was excellent as usual and I look forward to seeing them again soon.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ego from the new album Pounding the Pavement. Solid album actually.

E-Z

Reaction score
Back in the mid 1990s I listened to some of there earlier album from the 1980s such as METAL ON METAL (82) FORGED IN FIRE (83) & POUND FOR POUND (88) and thought they sounded ok and in fact thought they sounded pretty good then later on in 2009 these heavy metal warrior's 'hit the big time' via appearing in there own big budget movie and gaining a lot of exposure to a younger generation of metalhead's that just goes to prove that if a semi-obscure heavy metal band from Canada like Anvil can make it I suppose any band can.

E-Z

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Back in the mid 1990s I listened to some of there earlier album from the 1980s such as METAL ON METAL (82) FORGED IN FIRE (83) & POUND FOR POUND (88) and thought they sounded ok and in fact thought they sounded pretty good then later on in 2009 these heavy metal warrior's 'hit the big time' via appearing in there own big budget movie and gaining a lot of exposure to a younger generation of metalhead's that just goes to prove that if a semi-obscure heavy metal band from Canada like Anvil can make it I suppose any band can.

E-Z
Anvil are under-appreciated and definitely deserve the success.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I actually first heard an Anvil song on a video game.

The track was "Tag Team" and I fell in love with them since. Metal on Metal is a grand contribution to the genre and any metalhead should get down and dirty with it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online