Angus Young - Let there be Rock solo VS Ted Nugent - Motor City Madhouse solo

Angus Young - Let there be Rock solo VS Ted Nugent - Motor City Madhouse solo

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice to see Ted getting some support, I would rate his live album "Double Live Gonzo" as better than any live album ACDC has released, and Angus & Co. have done some belters themselves over the years.

Both guitarists know their strengths and play to them.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I agree, Double Live Gonzo is up there with KISS Alive (though NO live albume beats Alive).

I didn't fully appreciate Uncle Ted until I saw him in concert -- He's a BEAST. As far as Angus, I do prefer Angus' playing and Angus is no slouch live either, but I'm sure you all know that. Angus rocks hard, but has the touch of a great blues man IMO.

Last edited:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I am not sure, they are both fast but different in style. I have to say Angus Young impressed me on the Live at River Plate video. The critics panned it, but they are wrong. I'll think about this and come back.

ANTHEM

Reaction score
I kind of disagree to me they both seem to be similar in style and that's why ted and angus has always reminded me of one another. Over the years ac/dc got a little more heavier while ted pretty much mellowed out to a degree. I saw both bands back in the 80's and both put on a couple of the best performances I've seen but I will give angus the slight edge on performance because he didn't seem to stand still for one minute.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online

No members online now.