Anberlin (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Anberlin (A Band Spawned From The Movement Towards Spiritual Intellect and Artist

I'm bumping this thread for two reasons:

#1-Because I've updated it and it's inspired me to go on a binge from the debut album all the way up to the most recent album! :grinthumb

#2-Anberlin are ****ing awesome!

As a way to justify this I've also noticed that I've never posted this awesome song from New Surrender and it's an epic one! :grinthumb

Miserabile Visu (Ex Malo Bonum)

:bow:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Re: Anberlin (A Band Spawned From The Movement Towards Spiritual Intellect and Artist

Ok, so, Soot, you've well and truly got me into this band! They have even achieved the impossible and made me like a Depeche Mode song! :D You are right, they do cracking covers and I particularly like their versions of The Smiths' There Is A Light That Never Goes Out and The Cure's Love Song. I spent a while yesterday and this morning listening to the songs you've posted and I've just been checking out prices of the CDs cos I defintely want to make a purchase :) Anyhoo I've found a box set on Amazon - Blueprints For City Friendships: The Anberlin Anthology, made up of their first three albums, so I'll make a good saving if I get that :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Ok, so, Soot, you've well and truly got me into this band! They have even achieved the impossible and made me like a Depeche Mode song! :D You are right, they do cracking covers and I particularly like their versions of The Smiths' There Is A Light That Never Goes Out and The Cure's Love Song. I spent a while yesterday and this morning listening to the songs you've posted and I've just been checking out prices of the CDs cos I defintely want to make a purchase :) Anyhoo I've found a box set on Amazon - Blueprints For City Friendships: The Anberlin Anthology, made up of their first three albums, so I'll make a good saving if I get that :grinthumb

That boxset is a great deal Tray but there is one drawback though. The third album Cities on there is the standard edition and doesn't include "There Is A Light On It" but there is an alternative and that's the "Lost Songs" disc that is still available for later purchase if you'd like. "Lost Songs" has all their covers on it! :grinthumb

Having giving you thosesemantics I must say I'm wicked psyched that you are digging Anberlin as I take a lot of stock in your taste! Hope you enjoy the purchase! Keep me posted! :)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

^^^ Yeah I wondered whether there would be any omissions with that box set. I'll stick to ordering it though if there is a disc with all their covers on it.

"I take a lot of stock in your taste" Back at ya :grinthumb I'll definitely be back with feedback once I receive the CD's and have given them a few whirls :)

:cheers2

Harkat

Reaction score

Saw these guys at Soundwave 2011
Pretty damn AMAZING!!!!
So much energy, they really went all out and made it awesome!!!
Sal and I were right up there in the mosh pit, less than 10 meters away from them!!
Would go see them again :grinthumb

Here, he was crowd surfing while singing!!
Didn't miss a note either!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'M SO JEALOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:omg::D:uh::mad:)

Harkat

Reaction score

Dude you will LOVE them!!!!
They were really good!
I personally found that using earplugs made it more enjoyable because your ears don't get destroyed.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Dude you will LOVE them!!!!
They were really good!
I personally found that using earplugs made it more enjoyable because your ears don't get destroyed.

True! I remember walking out of a show that was all screamo bands (headlined by The Used and 30 Seconds to Mars) and my ears kept hearing static until I reached the vehicle. :omg:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.