Anberlin (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Anberlin (A Band Spawned From The Movement Towards Spiritual Intellect and Artist

I just preordered the deluxe edition of Anberlins new c.d.! I can't wait! :grinthumb

Dark Is The Way, Light Is The Place
anberlin_preorder_cd_1.jpg

Impossible

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Anberlin (A Band Spawned From The Movement Towards Spiritual Intellect and Artist

Just found the actual video for the single! :grinthumb

Impossible

Harkat

Reaction score

Thanks Soot, you were right I am enjoying these guys :p
The Feel Good Drag is my fav so far

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Thanks Soot, you were right I am enjoying these guys :p
The Feel Good Drag is my fav so far

Awesome! You are close to matching my taste in the band! The Feel Good Drag is my favorite song outside of the songs that make up the Cities album! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Going back through and listening to some others songs I didn't get to yet....they sound really good. When I get something I'll be sure to let everyone know and what I think. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Going back through and listening to some others songs I didn't get to yet....they sound really good. When I get something I'll be sure to let everyone know and what I think. :grinthumb

Awesome! I strongly recommend the Cities Special Edition which has three bonus tracks!

Two of the bonus tracks are cool covers! :grinthumb

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (original by The Smiths)

The Promise (original by When In Rome)

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Well. Soot it appears we had similar experiences with Christian music lol :D

I don't mind a band having a spiritual influence in their music but I got really annoyed by Amy Grant,Sandy Patty, Stryper :puke: When I was growing up and in church, and Christian camp..I was hammered by that sort of music

It was bands that presented their beliefs in a subtle way, that made me listen without predjuice..When U2 first came out for instance it was really cool how they blended their convictions into their music.

Good solid music is good solid music and you can say whatever you want but the MUSIC has to be descent first..

So ,on to this band Anberlin, I hear this good solid base to their music..I am not shying away from the fact their Christians because it not 'in your face' and it's reasonable how they present themselves.

I need to listen to more of these to critic it better,, But I'm here and you got my attention ;) So ..listening to some more !

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Well. Soot it appears we had similar experiences with Christian music lol :D

I don't mind a band having a spiritual influence in their music but I got really annoyed by Amy Grant,Sandy Patty, Stryper :puke: When I was growing up and in church, and Christian camp..I was hammered by that sort of music

It was bands that presented their beliefs in a subtle way, that made me listen without predjuice..When U2 first came out for instance it was really cool how they blended their convictions into their music.

Good solid music is good solid music and you can say whatever you want but the MUSIC has to be descent first..

So ,on to this band Anberlin, I hear this good solid base to their music..I am not shying away from the fact their Christians because it not 'in your face' and it's reasonable how they present themselves.

I need to listen to more of these to critic it better,, But I'm here and you got my attention ;) So ..listening to some more !

I'm glad we have the same views regarding spirituality and music Astrid! Can't wait to hear what you think of the band as a whole! :grinthumb

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

They sound like a band one my nephew listens to, Blue ? Erm Can't think of their name ? New band (gawd senior moment :lol: )

Anyway it sounds like a nice prog band this far/listening to The Promise

almost sounds like Boston in the vocals too..nice clear tone /like that..good stuff Soot...working my way backwards lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online